Second chance

"Do not worry about that," Lou reassured him. "My blood is too precious to get on your filthy hands."

Nekt just grinned. "I do bet it is. That's why we should both just go home now."

The hunter pulled out a little disc. It looked like a small gray cd but he took it and threw it directly at Nekt. The noret dodged it swiftly and when the object crashed into the window, broke a hole in it and fell outside to the ground he gave it a worried look.

What was that supposed to be? He wanted to ask. Suddenly a muffled blast not too different from a loud thud cut through the air.

Nekt quickly turned his face back to the hunter. The muscles tightened around his jaw. Any semblance of a smile was now completely gone from his expression.

He had some idea about what would've happened if this little device pierced into his body. It would've gone off before he'd be able to pull it out and probably torn pieces of his body apart.

Nekt's hand wandered to his own belt as he drew out a knife. He came to school prepared this time and made sure no one noticed a thing.

Lou tried to get close to the noret but Nekt threw the knife at him with such accuracy the hunter actually had to focus to dodge.

Nekt managed to run through the aisle between the desks, he stopped behind the next to last table and observed Lou's movements carefully.

"Do us a favor and stop running away all the time," Lou rolled his eyes. "Is a coward all that you are?"

"Maybe I'm a coward," Nekt spoke calmly. "Or maybe I made it clear I do not have the slightest intention of fighting you."

"You're pathetic. You fight me or you die, don't you get it?"

"I can assure you none of us is dying."

Lou stepped forward instead of answering and held his hammer up. He only needed to do a few long steps before he stood almost in reach of the noret. And then he swung the hammer right at him.

Nekt threw his body to the ground and pushed himself forward as he crawled under the desks. Originally he planned on getting up immediately but then he decided this was his chance to get to the door and run away.

But he wasn't fast enough. A loud crack was what he heard first, then he felt a sudden and sharp pain in his leg. He covered his mouth. He tried to stop his scream, a quiet yelp came out of his mouth.

Still, he was incredibly lucky. The hammer smashed only the side of his leg, which meant he still had two legs to stand on. Even though one of them hurt like hell. He looked up to see if he was hidden under a table and when he saw he was, he rolled to the aisle.

Nekt used a lot of power to ignore the pain and clenched his jaw as he managed to stand up. He wished he could just sit and rest a bit but he knew that's not going to be the case for a while.

Lou turned to him, ready to strike again. A slight smile looking like a grimace was playing on his lips.

Nekt didn't think twice, he grabbed a chair that stood near him and pulled all of his efforts into raising it. Before the hunter could do anything, he smashed him with it.

Lou cried out and the pressure of the chair took him to the ground along with it.

Nekt didn't hesitate and ran, or at least it did resemble a run, his leg was injured after all. He heard the chair rumbling behind his back, the hunter was getting up. He didn't run for the door, instead he stopped next to his desk.

When he turned to see where the hunter was, he saw him walking in his direction.

Lou had blood trickle down his face as he probably got hit by the metal part of the chair and he looked angry.