Chapter Six: On One's Own

Start from the beginning

/////

Y/n's POV

I was in the middle of swinging through town looking about for action. Though at first it seemed like today would be an action packed day, after the first crime things have been pretty chill. The second crime was a simple store clerk robbery. It took me no longer than a couple seconds to handle that. After that the third crime was a lowly public property vandalizer. Rip the spray paint out the guys hands and problem solved. The fourth and fifth crimes were handled by the police before i could get to them and now Im just swinging about seeing if i can get lucky with some sweet action.

I swung along by my scarf and propelled myself upwards as i unlatched my scarf to get some air time. As my body rose into the air i relaxed my muscles and enjoyed the feeling of my body breaking through the wind once again. I closed my eyes as my ascension through the air began to slowdown. I rose up a few more feet before it felt like my body came to a standstill mid air. Gravity began to play its part and i started falling downwards. I threw my arms to my side and puffed out my chest. "YEAHHHHHHH!!" I screamed in excitement. I opened my eyes and saw the surrounding buildings and car lights illuminating everything in sight. Man this all felt so unreal no many how many times i did it. I hurled my scarf at a good latching point and swung with great speed. 'Man this is too freakin great! Like seriously! Im not sure if this is ok for me to do. There's no way i deserve to feel like this!' I thought to myself as i continued my swing. I continued to swing on but then i felt a vibration coming from my phone. I jumped onto the side of a building and pulled out my phone to see who was calling.
* incoming call from: Justin
'It's just Justin.' I thought.

"Yo, whats up fam?" I said.
"Yo whats up my brotha, how you feeling bro?" Justin replied.
"Im good, you? I responded back.
"Im all good just seeing what you up to, me and Cole are playing ufc 4, you tryna get these hands too?" Justin said.
Damn getting online with my friends would be really fun right about now, plus its not like much else is happening right now... and even if something did happen I'm sure the police or some of the other heroes got it. Right?

"Yea! Im on my way home right now tho so give me a few minutes and I'll be on." *BEEP*

Im sure dick would be pissed if he knew i was getting off duty to go play video games this early, but its a Friday night, i feel good and I've got to enjoy myself from time to time. I slipped my phone back into my suit and dove off the building down towards the city's streets. I was swinging about normally when i suddenly heard gunshots go off and the sound of engines turning and tires screeching nearby. "Great, just when i decided to make plans!" I swung myself upward and jumped off the side of a building in the direction of the gunshots. I continued to hear a barrage of gunshots go off as i swung closer to the area it was coming from. I swung past a few buildings and saw four SUVS on a highspeed...gunfight. "Bingo!" I said as i hit a sharp right and followed in pursuit. The four suvs were split between two different lanes, two suvs in each lane back to back. Gunshots continued to blaze.

' these guys been shooting it out for a while,How is no one dead yet?' I thought to myself. I looked closer and saw that it was only the two suvs on the left lane shooting at the two suvs in the right lane, but the suvs in the right lane had their windows up which were clearly bullet proof.  'Looks like these aint the average crooks i  usually cross paths with..' I thought to myself. The Suvs were probably going 80 miles per hour and those numbers were rising with each second, which made me propel and swing myself faster to catch up. Suddenly i heard shots again then i saw a tire pop for the front suv in the left lane causing it to steer wildly side to side, and the suv behind it to crash into it aswell sending both suvs tumbling down the road. "SHIT! Thats not good!" I said. I pulled out a kunai and planted the smoke bomb seal on it. I was about to stick this kunai on one of the suvs and instantly close the distance.. but i stopped when i saw the two suvs in the right lane get side by side and slow down, stopping right infront of the two crashed vehicles. I swung myself up onto a nearby building and perched myself at the ledge. The right front and back doors opened for both of the suvs and huge men dressed in all black suits hopped out with what looked like automatic ARP's. (assault rifle pistol)