The Shadow Of Our Home

" Steve Harington."

" Heather Holloway.

" Chrissy Cunningham."

" Carol Perkins."

" Tina Cline."

" Jason Carver."

" Jonathan Byers."

" Nancy Wheeler." 

One by one the people that you commonly hang out with were called in the office to be questioned by the police, and even though they tried to be distinct about it Jason was sure to describe the scene of the crime with detail and the whispers resonating along the hallways made things worse " What do you think that got her?" asked one of the outcasts " Probably an animal man." dismissed another one " The same animal that got the Byers kid?" asked the chubbier one of the group " I thought we agreed that his brother killed him." said the other and they all laughed " Enough!" called out a certain long haired male " We're sounding like those assholes spouting shit like that." he said and the rest of the boys collected themselves " Yea, you're right Eddie." mumbled one of them " Let's talk about the reschedule of our campaign." said the oldest of the group.  Eddie had no real connection to you other than selling you a couple of times and you defending him from the dick heads of the basketball team when they tried to mess with him in your presence, but he did feel unsettled when he heard what had happened, because he knew you. 

" Earth to Steve!" called Tommy H snapping his fingers in front at the boy's face " Are we skipping next period or what?" he asked as the boy shook his head trying to focus back on reality " Dunno man. I just....." he mumbled and sighed " we're worried for Jumble as well you know." said Carol looking at him with a frown " And between you and me, if you could put your little mind to work a bit, this wouldn't have happened to her." she snapped taking her tray and leaving the two boys alone. Steve stared at her back in shock, guilt sipping in " Hey man don't listen to her. She's just a bit upset." said Tommy " She's not the only one." grumbled Steve throwing his fork in his plate.

Dustin had not said a word since they were informed about what happened to you, he looked at the rocks wondering if you had been taken like Will " How about this one? Hey...Dustin!" called Mike showing him a rock " Huh? Sorry...TO big for the sling." said your younger brother " Come on man don't worry. I'm sure your sister is fine. In fact whatever got her is in big trouble!" said Lucas trying to cheer him up " Yea! Remember that time when she was doing tricks with our bikes and she fell and a shard of glass got stuck on her hand and she just ripped it out!" said Mike and Dustin smiled at their attempts to make him feel better.

You were not able to breath properly, your lungs felt like they were burning. Opening your eyes you found your vision blurry, blinking the dust away you inspected your surroundings as what had happened before you passed out became clearer in your memories. Currently you were trapped inside what looked like a slimy pod, or a huge bug egg, a panicked muffled yell came out of you seeing something slithered and stuck at the inside of your mouth. Hearing the cry something from the other side moved, it's blurred figure standing infront of the shell, you stayed still and after a few agonizing seconds it left.

Waiting for it to leave the area, you searched for your pockets and were glad to find your knife, thankful that it didn't fall on your struggle. The blade pierced the thick wall of the egg and you had to put much more force than you had thought to brake free, breaking threw and falling to your knees you were quick to rip the long tube from the inside of your mouth, ignoring the tagging of your insides. You gasped for air before doubling over and emptying your stomach from the alcohol you had consumed and the food you had eaten at Miss Wheeler's house.

You coughed, whipping your mouth and slowly picking yourself up, grip on the knife iron tight ' Have to get out of here.' you thought looking around and much to your surprised you recognized this to be a small store not to far from down town " What the hell?" you mumbled voice horsed before coughing again. Taking a step forward you stumbled, the pain from the injuries you have suffered catching up to you, but if you didn't get out of there something else would be catching up to you as well.