2

Thank you for your response to the previous update. I usually unpublish the story as soon as I complete writing it, that's my style. I am writing only for my current readers and not for later babes. ;)

...

"How the hell did you let this happen?" Manik yelled at Cabir.

"Manik, I ..." Cabir started. 

"You know how much I hate this stupid, little thing who did not even develop basic senses, the how the fuck did you let me get married to her?" He roared and I flinched. 

"Who is he to marry us? We love each other and we got married." I spoke even though my voice was heavy with emotions. 

"Did I ask you to speak?" He questioned me directing his cold eyes towards me. I shook my head negatively in response. "She? Out of all people on the earth!"

He is clearly regretting marrying me. 

Cabir bowed his head in shame unable to meet Manik's eyes who were seething in anger. 

"How did it happen? Alya and I are supposed to get married. How did Alya agree to all of this?" Manik rubbed his neck with his fingers.

I held his hand in mine. "Alya is super chill after knowing that we love each other. We got married recently and you..."

"Will you get the fuck out of my sight?" Manik shouted at me. 

My eyes burned with tears unable to bear his rude treatment towards me. My Manik is not warm towards me. 

I stepped out of the room leaving Cabir and Manik to speak. Even though I was sitting outside my eyes were glued towards the door, hoping that Manik would open his arms and pull me into his arms. 

After a long one hour talk, Cabir came out of the room with a dejected face. He sighed and walked away without even stopping a second in front of me to speak. 

I want to run into Manik. I want to hug him and tell him how much I missed him. But he is not at all looking at me, he is treating me like a stranger which I did not like even for a tiny bit. 

My feet once again took me towards Manik who was leaning against his bedrest. His eyes were closed and a frown was on his forehead as if he was in so much pain. 

"Manik." My voice cracked as I couldn't see him sad. 

"I saved your life. I could have saved Alya, she would be alive now if I was not with you. Why? Why didn't I save her?" He said with his eyes still closed as if he did not even like to see me. 

I sobbed. 

Was it my fault that Alya was not with us?

"Why did I prioritise you over Alya?" 

Great. Now he is regretting about saving me too. 

What can I tell him? Should I tell him that he did not think about his own life let alone others just to protect me? 

"It was nobody's fault, Manik. We did not have so much time to think or prioritise on whom to save. Everything happened so fast." I explained. 

He didn't say anything further. He didn't want to have a conversation with me and stayed in his place without a movement. I didn't mind it as long as my eyes could hold his image breathing in front of me I could stay in silence for centuries with him. 

"Mrs. Malhotra," The staff called me and Manik tightened his fists hearing that title for me. "The visiting hours completed for this day. Don't worry, we shall discharge the Boss in a week's time."