UNVEILING THE PAST: HER FAVOURITE STORY TELLER. /PART I/

Start from the beginning

She felt her eyes widen and her jaw drop slightly.

Her lips involuntarily spoke on their own.

"...uncle Rayleigh?"

_______________

Several years ago in a small corner in Sabaody-

She was sulking in the corner.

"Come on, Y/N-Chan. You be good and stay here with your grandma. We'll bring back lots of goodies for you."

Her mother was trying to make her feel better but it was in vain.

"Why can't I come with you?" She scowled.

Her father sighed. "You're still very young. We cannot take the risk of taking you along our travels because we don't know what we may encounter."

She gathered up air in her cheeks and looked to the floor.

"Then just don't go at all.." she said softly.

"Oh, Y/N-" her mother brought her arms out to embrace the 7 year old but she pushed her away.

"I DON'T WANT TO STAY HERE!! I DON'T HAVE FRIENDS AND GRAMMA'S TOO OLD TO TAKE ME AROUND! I WANNA COME WITH YOU!"

"That's enough!"

Her father ended the argument.

.
.
.

She did not look up as her parents left.

A hand  held firmly the piece of candy her grandma had given her in an attempt to make her feel better.

She sniffled. "I'm sorry for saying you were too old to take me around, Gramma."

Her grandma smiled at her. "It's okay, Y/N chan. I am getting too old anyway."

She embraced, tried to embrace, her grandma's waist wholly in her arms and shook  her head against her belly to tell her she disagreed.

A warm hand patted her head. "The Sabaody fair starts day after tomorrow. How about I call your Uncle Borsa to take you around?"

She nodded again against her grandma's belly to tell her that she liked that idea.

_____________

First Encounter

"Uncle Borsa!!"
She ran out to greet him and her arms ran around his legs to embrace him.

"Ohh?" Her Uncle's voice drawled out. "I thought our Y/N-chan was mad that her parents left her behind?"

She shook her head against his legs, embarassed now at how she had behaved the other day.

"Stop teasing the child," her grandma also came out to greet the Marine. "Do me a favour and take her to see the fair. I'm getting too old to be roaming around Sabaody with all those hooligans running around."

"Hai~ let's go, Y/N-chan." A large hand grabbed hers and dragged them both towards the fair.

Wide eyes took in all of the sights around her. Her footsteps had no trouble keeping up with her uncle's lazy ones. Here and then, she'd drag him off to a stall she found interesting and he would be obligated to get her something, not that he minded.

Her steps started getting excited and soon enough, she didn't realise she had already let go of her uncle's hand.

She saw a rifle shoot happening in the corner. She turned excitedly.

"Uncle Borsa, look! You can win there-" she paused.

"Uncle Borsa?"

She turned around in a circle again but caught no sight of a yellow stripped suit or her uncle who donned it.

"Uncle Borsa?" Her voice was now a soft whisper. She took furtive steps towards the heart of the fair hoping to catch wind of her uncle.

Maybe she should just sit down and wait for him to find her? In all her hesitation and growing anxiousness, she didn't see the man in front of her and she bumped against him and fell on her butt.

"Ow-"

The man turned to her. The eyes behind rounded spectacles were kind as his gaze fell on the confused girl who looked up at him with slight fear.

He stretched a hand out to her. "I'm sorry, kid. I didn't see you there."

Her skepticism towards the stranger dissipated when a warm smile was sent her way. Had her father been around, he'd have chided her for accepting the stranger's hand, despite all his talks about not talking to strangers.

The man's hands were calloused, but warm, just like her grandma's. He continued to have a grip on her hand as he led her to a bench.

"You came alone, young girl?"

She shook her head and feebly responded, "with my uncle."

"Got a little too excited and wandered off?" His gaze was far from reprimanding- he looked amused.

She nodded this time, keeping her gaze to her feet.

"Cheer up. I'm sure we'll find him," he smiled at her.

When the girl looked far from assured, he gave her hand a squeeze.

"Hey, come on. I'll get you an ice-cream."

She immediately brightened up.

Ah, children and their simple minds.

He let her pick the flavour, getting an ice lolly for himself too.

He pointed to a stall next to them when he saw that she was almost done with her ice cream.

"Wanna try your luck, kid?" He nudged her.

She immediately nodded. He led her to the stall and was about to ask for a turn when  he saw her getting distracted by a man in a teddy bear suit. He chuckled.

"You wanna go greet the-"

His eyes caught sight of a marine admiral. Admiral Kizaru Borsalino to be exact.

"I'm not in the mood to encounter a marine right now," he muttered.

He saw the admiral starting to turn towards them.

"Hey kid, let's -" he went to grab her hand but drawn towards the teddy costume, she had taken a step forward and completely missed his hand.

The admiral was getting closer.

Crap. I can't be seen.

He instantly hid behind a stall waiting for the admiral to pass by.

The kid...

He peeked out. She seemed to have noticed his absence as well, looking around for the man who had gotten her an ice cream.

Hopefully the marine leaves the child alone...

But what surprised him was the admiral's words on seeing the kid.

"Y/N-chan, there you are."

__________

Once Upon a Prison Cell//Roronoa Zoro [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara