"Our allies across the ocean have also been notified. We have men on the lookout all across Europe." I say.

I just realized that 'Allie' and 'allies' are very similar. Everything reminds me of her now.
How wonderful.

"Is there anything else?"

Antonio looks up at me, a look I don't recognize flashes in his eyes so fast I almost missed it.

"I'll tell everyone in the lounge. I will not be repeating myself."

Usually the room would be full of laughter and conversation, but it's silent as we enter. I sit on the couch next to my wife and take her hand in mine. I rub my thumb along the back of her hand in a comforting manner.

"Before we get down to work on how to rescue Alina, there's some recent news that you all have to hear." Antonio says as if we're his business partners and not his family.
"We have the identity of the Messenger."

They know. Shit.

"It's Stefano, Stefano Lombardi."

The room erupts in shock.

"Quiet!" Bianca yells, silence falling over the room once again. "Stefano is the Messenger, take that news as you will. But there is some wonderful news that we all really needed right now. And I know you're listening, come out."

Three boys walk around the corner.

"Hello mia famiglia." One says with a grin.

I look at my wife and she nods.

"A-Andreas?"

"Hi Nonna."

Within a second, he's in her embrace.

"You must be the twins." I say.

"Alessio," one says, extending his hand to me. I look at him and shake his hand firmly. 

"Adriano," I do the same with him.

"Oh, and um, my dad's here..." Andreas says

In the corner of my eye, I can see Antonio itching for his gun.

"Everyone out accept the adults, now!"

My grandsons all leave the room and before anyone can say any more, we hear the elevator and footsteps making their way towards us.

Here we go.

Stefano enters and he scans the room. Emotion evident in his eyes before they fade back to cold, brown orbes to match his twin's.

As much as we all want to say something, no one knows what that would be.

We stay silent as my boys stare into each other's eyes, identical shades of brown. In their younger days, they were full of mischief and childish wonder. Now, they are emotionless and lack the little shine that appeared when they saw each other.

"Antonio I-"

I hear the click of a gun.

"One step closer Stefano, and I put a bullet between your eyes."

Stefano puts his hands up in surrender.

"Relax, Antonio. I'm not here to cause trouble."

"Where is my daughter? I know Nikolai has her!"

"Your daughter? That's funny, brother. She's mine."

"Do you want to die?"

*click

"I suggest you put that gun down."

A young man I didn't even hear enters the room, pointing his gun at Antonio.

*click

"Drop the gun, now." Francesco says, pointing his gun at our new guest.

"O dio mio. I can't take this. All four of you drop your guns, now! You are family!" Emilia yells.

After a moment of glaring, the guns are lowered.

"Now give them to me."

"Ma!"

"Francesco, hush."

Reluctantly, each one of them hands their gun to my wife.

"Now that that's settled, come give your grandmother a hug."

The young man chuckles and smiles before embracing Emilia.

"Meet Alfonzo, your nephew."

"Surprise." He grins.