Third Person

Flashback 12 Years Ago...

Valentina Caruso Lombardi died soon after the delivery of her twin sons, Alessio and Adriano.

Her husband, Stefano, felt no remorse for her nor did his 2 eldest sons miss their mother.

She threatened his children.
She took away his family.
She was never there for her children.

It's been 4 years since her passing.

Alfonzo is 9,
Andreas is 8,
and the twins are 4.

Currently, Stefano Lombardi is in Russia for an important meeting with his biggest "ally".

The meeting went very well. It was simply just communicating about future projects. Nikolai also wanted to keep the disowned son of his enemy close. Nothing brings people together more than a common hatred for someone. Sicily also has much to offer despite its small size.

It's yet another, cold day in Moscow, Russia. Stefano sits in his car as he's driven towards his hotel. As he looks out the car window, his thoughts are occupied by his 4 children back home. They are all he thinks about whenever he's away.

Though he can order a delicious, "luxury" coffee at the hotel, he enjoys a nice cup at a small pastry shop on the way. He's passed it many times throughout his trips to see Nikolai and enjoyed the company of the old lady who ran it.

There's a small metal bell that lets out a small ring when you open the door. No one is inside besides the small old lady behind the counter.

Just as he's about to say something, the bell rings again and he feels a person bump into his back.

The large man turns around and I see a flustered-looking woman. The most beautiful woman he's ever seen.

(AN: all dialogue is spoken in Russian for the rest of this update, I'm too lazy to translate everything, use ur imagination)

"Oh! I apologize sir-" she stops when she meets his gaze. Wow, she thinks to herself.

"No, no. Don't be." He replied with a gentle smile.

"You're not from around here, are you?"

"No ma'am."

"Please sir, I'm 20. Ma'am won't be for a long time. Call me Alexandra." She holds out a hand for him to shake.

"Stefano," he replies as he lightly shakes her hand.

"Ah, Italian?"

"What gave it away?" He sarcastically asks.

Alexandra laughs.

"Your Russian has an Italian flair to it and your name is far from unique."

"I quite like my name actually."

She laughs.

"Would you like to join me for coffee?" The young lady asks.

"Of course, Alexandra."

Stefano pays for his new friend's order, much to her dismay, and they sit down at the small, round table in the corner.

That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship that would one day blossom into something much more. Of course, they didn't know that much the lady behind the counter had a pretty good hunch.