BE MY WINGS

A/N: Enjoy ꨄ︎ Votes/Reviews are so appreciated.

°:. *₊ ° . ☆  

"Anakin, duck!"

He dropped into a crouch before her lips formed the words, a blur of blue fire that sizzled through the humid air. Followed was the stench of cauterized circuitry. The tang of ozone tainted the buds of her tongue as the elongated head of a battle droid sparked and rolled off its spindly body.

Blaster fire rang out. Ion detonators scourged the grounds as grit and debris congested the air. As the two resumed their charge, Anakin threw up one gloved hand in a force push that shoved a dozen droids onto their backs with an audible clank!

"Show off," she shouted with a snarky grin. They'd just barely dodged twin laser cannons off a Hyena-class bomber that speared the skies.

"Better to save that arse than have it charred!" he shouted, catapulting himself into the air with a powerful swell of the Force. He slashed through the droideka that rolled into their midst, with a mighty sweep of the plasmic blade.

He truly was like a god of the skies.

Skywalker.

"Anakin..."

She heard the name slip past her lips like a coveted whisper. Her eyes flew open suddenly wide awake and alert, a habitual habit since the start of the Clone Wars. The Battle of Ryloth was still too fresh in her mind with countless lives having been lost, from Twi'Leks, to Jedi and clone troopers alike. Sleep had evaded her more and more, since.

Sighing she slipped out of the too-starched sheets—she'd have a word with the cleaning droids about the itch it brought to her skin—and from her room. The carpeted halls muffled her bare footsteps. The northwest wing was solely reserved for the privacy of Jedi signed on to longer missions such as herself.

Very few Jedi remained due to the Separatists at war with the Republic. With the Battle of Geonosis simply a precursor, thousands of Jedi were now spread across dozens of planetary systems. Three cycles remained before she was to deploy for the next mission assigned. By Grandmaster Yoda's askance, she would be headed to Hoth.

She didn't bother arranging her long hair in uniform as she ventured through the mezzanine halls infused with a harmonious balance to the architecture, threading her fingers through the long waves of copper. It had grown exponentially in the last several months. The ends nearly brushed her waistline yet she couldn't bring herself to cut it. It was the one piece of vanity she coveted and had control over.

Veering towards a room partitioned from the public, the sectioned off quarter was reserved for their private use, alone. She suspected Grandmaster Yoda had been part of the decision, designed to restore a semblance of peace to the Jedi. From the heat of warfare, a retreat aimed to help them regain a former sense of self as a reflection of their origins as peace keepers at their core.