Training and Training...

The small boy stood nervously in front of Yoriichi before deeply bowing. "My Name is Rengoku Senjuro! I am the current Flame Hashira!" He yells, hurting Yoriichi's eardrums.

Yoriichi bows slightly, holding the tiny, sleepy Michikatsu in his arms. "Hello, my name is Tsugikuni Yoriichi. It is a pleasure to meet you, Rengoku."

Senjuro smiles softly, hands folded in front of him. "Please, Senjuro is fine." He says. Ruka stands up and heads towards the cooking area. "I'll make you guys some tea." She says, disappearing.

Akaza sits at the chapudai beside Senjuro. "Senjuro is apart of the Rengoku clan, a long bloodline that practiced one of our most beneficial forms of breathing towards demons; flame breathing." Akaza explains.

"They're a very strong clan." He adds on before muttering under his breath "Although I believe he's much more talented than majority of his ancestors."

It didn't go unheard by Senjuro, who flushed a soft shade of red. "Thank you, Akaza - San." He says softly, voice barely above a whisper.

Senjuro seemed sweet. The way his head hung low, never making eye contact with Yoriichi. Perhaps he was anxious? Yoriichi understands, he himself has gone through anxiety all his life, but Michikatsu and Uta were always there to help her.

"Senjuro here is one of our youngest hashira, although we have another hashira his age." Akaza explains. "I sent my crow to him when I found you two, and he immediately took interest. See, Senjuro had.." Akaza pauses before looking at Senjuro.

"Maybe I should let him explain."

Senjuro spares Akaza a smile. "I heard you have an older brother. Is that true?" He asks, which Michikatsu responds to by crawling from behind Yoriichi, humming to Senjuro. His small hand waves, watching Senjuro flinch before smiling softly and waving back.

"I had an older brother." He says. Hands folding lightly in his lap. "He uh, he had died.. he died uhm.." Senjuro struggles with his words, gulping down his tears as his breath picks up.

Yoriichi can tell the situation is quite a heavy one. It must be a story Senjuro doesn't like to recall. "Don't worry, I understand." He says. "You are not inclined to tell me." He says.

Senjuro hums. "I can see why Akaza didn't take you to Sabito. You're already very calm, there's no need for you to learn water breathing." He says. "With that being said, I believe there may be fire inside of you that you have yet to ignite." Senjuro says smoothly, not ignoring his mother who came in with a tray of hot green tea.

"Thank you, mother!" He says, cheerful. Yoriichi says his thanks, as well as Akaza.

"As Akaza mentioned," Senjuro speaks up again, "the Rengoku family is a large bloodline of Flame users. The reason our breathing is considered so reliable is for the effect it has on demons. Our sword skills resemble one of the blazing flames of a fire, hot like the sun."

Yoriichi nods at his words, sipping at his tea. "I'd like to have you as my tsuguko." Senjuro admits.