Prove It

Chapter Written By Emma

Before he could fully pull me out of the room I stopped him, "Go along with it, okay?" I hissed to him. He nodded slightly in return.

"I can't believe you even did that Damon! How could you invite me here just to embarrass me in front of all my friends, those pictures of me and Kian are private. I only want my friends to know about my life not everybody. As if I even thought you could change!" I shouted loud enough for everyone to hear, by now everyone was watching the argument and by the looks on their faces they were starting to believe me.

"What do you expect when you are with my brother, you're making him unhappy but what do you expect when you're just a nerd that doesn't even fit in to this school. Did you actually think that I would what to bring you here as my date?" I knew that he was only going along with the plan but his words actually really hurt me.

"You need to stay out of my relationship, it has absolutely nothing to do with you! Where did you even get the pictures from?"

"I found them on Kian's laptop so I put them on a memory drive for the prom with other pictures of you." I don't know what I was thinking but I felt my hand fly across his cheek as a sort of reflex action.

"You bitch!" He shouted whilst holding his cheek, it must have hurt because I my hand was stinging, "You may have won this time Lacey but don't forget that I can make your life hell in this school."

He turned around and left the hall before I could say anything else, I turned to look at my fellow students and from their faces I could tell that every single one of them had believed the story that me and Damon had fed them. I was happy when I saw Jade and Emily push their way through the crowds to come rushing over to me.

"Oh my god Lace are you okay?" Jade asked me as she lulled me over to a seat at the side of the hall and sat me down in it.

"Yeah I guess I'm just a bit pissed that Damon did that." I told them and they both nodded their heads in agreement.

"I know. I didn't realise that Kian looked so much like Damon, at first I thought it was Damon but why the would Damon be doing ballet?" Emily started babbling to herself.

"You're so strange sometimes Emily but I do have to agree with you that Kian looks so much like Damon in that photo, which creeps me out a little." I told her, I also noticed that some of the other students were hanging around us trying to listen into our conversations, "I think I'm just going to head home now because the night has been pretty much ruined thanks to the infamous Damon Reynolds."

"If you're totally sure?" Jade said.

"Yeah don't worry about me, I'll probably just go home and tell Kian everything that has happened. Tell the others that I said bye." I waved and headed outside whilst texting my mum to tell her that I needed picking up.

About 20 minutes mum arrived to pick me up, I knew that she would ask me questions so I had already prepared some answers for her.

"Did you have fun sweetie?" She asked me as I climbed into the car.

"Yeah it was fun but I feel a bit ill so I asked you to come and pick me up." As I said it I realised that it sounded pretty rehearsed but she didn't seem to realise.

"Oh, well you can go home and get in bed after you have spoken to your friend."

"What friend?" I was totally confused, the night had been a pretty bad night and now my mum was speaking in riddles.

"A friend of yours is sat outside the house and refuses to leave until you've spoken to him, it's Kian's brother Damon."

"Did you speak to him?" I was suddenly worried about what he had told my mum.

"Only to ask him what he was doing and then I told him that I was going to collect you."

When we arrived home I left mum to go inside alone and I walked to where Damon was waiting for me.

"It was a great act that you pulled back there." He spat at me.

"What do you mean? I was helping you I could've just let them carry on thinking that it was you."

"I know what you did, you put them up there and then tried to make yourself out to be my hero. I'm not stupid, I just can't figure out why you did it to me."

"I didn't Damon, you need to trust me okay?" I pleaded to him.

"Prove it to me but until then I don't even want to speak to you." He told me and then walked away leaving me stood there trying to figure out what I had done wrong and how I was going to save a friendship that I thought I had lost a long time ago.