二十 | Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

When the sky turned dark, everyone left to prepare everything and the water pillar as well as Ayuna were the first one to leave.

Sanemi: "Honestly, I thought he would die alone. She really fell for him?"

Shinobu: "At first, I also thought Tomioka-san will be lonely all his life but I guess not anymore."

Obanai: "Seriously, who would fall for him?"

Mitsuri: "You guys don't understand!"

Ayuna's pov

I walked next to Giyu and I could tell he was a bit upset.

"Giyu, are you mad at me?"

"..."

"Is it because I got hurt? Like I said I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let it happen yk."

"I know." he spoke, "But you almost -"

"Died again?" I completed the sentence and took his hand, "I'll be extra careful, promise."

He squeezed my hand lightly and after a short pause, he suddenly asked for a wish.

"What is it you wish for?" I asked.

"Is it something you can't have? Money? Eternal health? Fame? A big house? Servants?" he continued mimicking my speech, "none of that."

"Then what?"

He stopped on his tracks making me to stop too and he looked into my eyes. "Don't leave me." he finally said.

"Let me think," I turned around with my back facing him and put an index finger under my chin. I stole a glance at him and noticed his hurt expression. He must be thinking why I didn't agree immediately.

"Well I did somehow make you fall for me, didn't I?" I asked jokingly, "So it is my responsibility to not leave you behind since I also returned the feelings, right?"
I walked up to him and embraced him since I couldn't take his hurt expression anymore, "I was just teasing. I promise I won't leave you. I am stuck with you forever and so are you."

He hugged back tightly and repeated the sentence, "And so am I."

-

After some days, everyone got called for a meeting again at night. It was the day we met the two demons who joined our side.

Kagaya introduced us the two demons and after the agreement that they'll develop a plan together, we made our way to the butterfly estate where they develop the poison.

"It's nice to meet you two, Tamayo, Yushiro!" I greeted them excitingly.

"You must be Aynua," the female demon started.

"Hm? You know me?"

"I've heard from you," she continued with a smile, "a boy told me a lot about you."

"I also heard a lot about you, and it's a honor to finally meet you in person."

The chat was short since everyone needed to go back and prepare the training including me.
I walked next to Giyu and we were planning our training station.