五 | New Friends

3rd person pov

"Mission for the love hashira!" A crow interrupted their time, "Ayuna can join if she wants."

Mitsuri: "We're having a mission together now!"

Ayuna: "Great timing. Do you have a water bottle with you, Mitsuri? So you can carry me around in the sun."

Mitsuri: "I don't have one with me now..."

Ayuna: "It's alright just take Tomioka's. Where's your bottle?"

Giyu: "Kitchen, first shelf."

Ayuna got up and got the bottle, filled it with water and she transoformed into a goldfish falling in the bottle. After a few seconds her head popped out from the bottle, "I'm ready to go, Mitsuri."

Mitsuri got up and went over to the kitchen: "Omg you look so cute as a goldfish!"

Ayuna: "I do look harmless this way. Sadly, I can't seem to hide my antlers."

"You look just fine this way!" Mitsuri turned to the water hashira who still sat at the table, "I'm taking her with me now,  see you later Tomioka-san!"

"Byee." Ayuna said before the love hashira closed the bottle and left for her mission.

Giyu answered them with a nod and watched at their retreating figure.
He was alone now in his quiet estate.

-

"Caw! Fishermen are missing. They disappear before dawn, when they go fishing!" the crow informed the love hashira.

"When they're fishing..." Mitsuri mumbled.

Ayuna: "..."

They arrived before evening at the said village and the love pillar rented a boat since she suspected that the demon worked underwater to attack the fishermen. She let the boat float on it's own and chatted with her companion/friend.

Ayuna: "This is great. Water is my specialty after all."

Mitsuri giggled: "I still can't believe you're fighting alongside me! Let's help each other out!"

After the sunset, Mitsuri removed the cap of the bottle and placed it down in front of her and the goldfish leaned at the edge of the bottle to examine her surrounding. She was excited that they are on a sea and she stopped herself from jumping in the water afraid to alert the demon they were looking for.

"I'm going to pretend to catch some fish and if I'm lucky you can have them!" Mitsuri whispered and the goldfish nodded harshly in response.

Mitsuri threw out the fishing net and collected it again after a while. She caught two small fish, well Ayuna could eat them as a snack.

The goldfish stared at the tentacles which approached Mitsuris back carefully and the love pillar noticed.
As the tentacles almost touched her, she jumped to the other side of the boat and cutted the tentacles easily but they retreated in the water.

The waited and nothing more came.

Ayuna: "That's it?"

Mitsuri: "Looks like it won't come out soon."

"What a coward, I'll lure it out." Ayuna said and jumped in the sea while transforming to her usual demon form at the same time.