九 | Jealousy

3rd person pov

At the butterfly estate, Tanjiro covered the bottle from the sunlight with his body and introduced the goldfish to his friends.

Zenitsu: "GAHHH! A FISH WITH ANTLERS?! GET IT AWAY FROM ME!!"

Aoi: "That's Ayuna, don't disrespect her!"

Tanjiro: "No Zenitsu! She's my friend I told you about, remember?"

"It's fine, I get it." Ayuna said, "Zenitsu right? Nice to meet you, but how come your arms are short?"

Zenitsu: "Oh, I got poisoned by a spider which made me almost turn into a spider."

Aoi: "And that is why you need to take your medicine!"

Zenitsu: "NO IT TASTES AWFUL!"

The goldfish turned to Tanjiro: "Tanjiro, can you move me closer to him?"

He did as told and Ayuna placed her fin on his short arm which grew back to it's original size.

Zenitsu: "..."

Ayuna: "Your arms are normal now but I still recommend you to drink your medicine. If not I'll turn you into a fish."

Zenitsu snapped the medicine from Aoi's hand and drank it.

"Now Tanjiro, move me to your other friend." Ayuna healed Inosuke's injuries and he jumped out of bed.

Inosuke: "I feel my strength coming back!   Are you a god?"

Ayuna sweatdropped: "No-"

Inosuke: "You must be! No demon can heal human! You're the god of nature!!"

Zenitsu: "She's a demon..."

Inosuke: "How dare you Monitsu to call the god of nature a demon!"

Ayuna: "But I'm no god..."

Inosuke didn't listen and still stared at the goldfish in awe.

"Now that I see it," Zenitsu started, "Why do you guys have the same looking brooch?"

Aoi held her brooch proudly, "A gift from Ayuna! It's a protection charm!"

Inosuke: "I saw Gonpachiros one froze that giant demon spiders arm!"

Zenitsu: "It can protect you?!"

"Do you also want one?" the fish asked and the blond boy nodded.

She used the water in the bottle to create two more brooches, one was shaped like thunder while the other one was a boar.
The brooches were dropped on Zenitsu's blanket.
"You too, Inosuke." she said.

"A gift from god?!" he exclaimed and took  the boar brooch, "I'm undefeatable!"

"Remember, just because these brooches can protect you, it doesn't mean you can let any damage hit you. Okay?" the goldfish warned, "Aoi can you get a fish tank please? I'm almost at the bottom of the bottle."

"Sure." Aoi left and another slayer entered.

"I'm glad to see you alright." the slayer sighed in relief.

"Murata-san!" Tanjiro greeted him.

Murata got gloomy: "Looks like you guys have a good time..."

Tanjiro: "Why?"

Murata: "The slayers who survived had to give a report and the hashiras glances were terrifying! They're so disappointed and looked down on us! They are so scary!"