十一 | Recovery

3rd person pov

The sea demon was brought back to the butterfly estate since it was a hospital. 

Aoi: "Close the curtains! Don't let any sunlight come through!"

The hashiras were on their ways to visit her after hearing the news and Giyu was the first one to arrive.

"Is she alright?!" he slammed the door open and Kyojuro slammed the door shut causing him to hit Giyu with the door frame. He cracked the door a bit open and saw the bump on his head,
"Sorry but if you fully open the door you're going to hurt her because of the sun!"

Giyu: "Right."

Kyojuro waited at the door attempting to open the door for every visitor so they won't burts the door open. As everyone arrived he thought will come, he joined back to the others.
Giyu was right next to Ayuna's bedside holding her arm since her hand was burned away while Mitsuri was also next to her at the other bedside with Shinobu next to her.

Tengen: "She hasn't regenerated yet? When was she like this?"

Kyojuro: "At sunrise."

"It's been a few hours." Obanai pointed out.

Sanemi: "Is she dead?"

Tengen: "Her heart is beating just fine."

"Is she alright?" Kagaya opened the door a bit and entered as he let his family in first. They also rushed over after hearing the news that the sea demon didn't regenerate and everyone greeted them. The hashiras moved aside to let them stand at the end of the bed.

Shinobu: "Normally she should have her body parts back."

Amane: "Is it because she doesn't consume human flesh?"

Tanjiro: "Can't be, Nezuko can regenerate herself just fine."

Inosuke: "Maybe she doesn't want to?"

Everyone looked at him in shook.

"How can you say something like that you moron!" Zenitsu shouted.

"I'm not a moron!" Inosuke yelled back, "She did say she wanted to die!"

Giyu: "What?"

Kagaya: "Can you elaborate?"

Tanjiro: "She found out recently that she lived for centuries and she wasn't happy about it."

Inosuke: "She got depressed."

Kyojuro: "But she said she was fine! She said that the present time matters!"

Tanjiro: "I can confirm that I didn't sense any negative emotions from her!"

Zenitsu: "Me too!"

Mitsuri in tears: "Ayuna can you hear me?! Why aren't you healing?! You said it yourself that the present matters and yet you aren't waking up!"

Sumi, Kiyo & Naho: "Please wake up everyone is here visiting you!"

Giyu: "She's regenerating."

Everyone watched the demon on the bed slowly regenerating. As she fully recovered she snapped her eyes open which were white.

She was still unconscious.

Her tail moved around violently knocking some objects over as everyone tried to dogde the tail. Mitsuri pushed Ayuna down as she attempted to jump up and she growled in response.

"Ayuna calm down the fight is over!" Kyojuro shouted and avoided her tail which almost slapped his face, "The battle is over!"

Her tail stopped on it's tracks and Ayuna's eyes rolled back. She blinked several times, "The battle is over? Is everyone alive? Mitsuri why are you on top of me crying?"

Mitsuri hugged her: "Wahh! I thought you're going berserk! And you didn't regenerate!"

"Me going berserk?" Ayuna sat up and let Mitsuri hug her and she noticed everyone on the floor. She spotted Kagaya and Amane raising their head at the end of the bed and their children followed suit peeking over their demon friend who was awake now.

Giyu: "Your tail swung around."

Ayuna looked at him confused so he pointed at the broken objects she knocked over and she knew what happened.

"Oh god I'm so sorry. I thought upper moon three was still around and I didn't want you to get hurt." She explained herself.

"That was several hours ago!" Sanemi yelled while standing up again and the others followed.

"Several hours?" she asked.

"You didn't regeneration your body parts." Shinobu explained, "So we almost thought you were leaving us, yet Tengen said your heart were still beating."

"And you were depressed." Muichiro added.

"Ah, about that," Ayuna explained herself, "That was nothing but about my regeneration ability... Well I drain my energy from it to heal others. I did made one boy healthy again in the train."

"You mean the kid who looked drained?" Tanjiro asked and she nodded in confirmation.

Ayuna gave them a reassuring closed eye smile: "Don't worry about me, I'm demon after all."

"Still you did made everyone worried." Kagaya sighed in defeat because she always used 'I'm a demon' as a reason.

Mitsuri grabbed her shoulders making her to face her: "Even so, don't use this fact to let yourself get hurt! You can't use your body as a shield it makes me sad to see you hurt!"

Kyojuro agreed: "I appreciate it very much that you saved my life and I can't thank you enough for it! But do consider Mitsuris words!"

"Okay." the demon answered, "Did we won?"

Kyojuro: "Nope! He escaped!"

Ayuna: "And why do you sound like you're happy about it?"

Kyojuro: "Or you died too! The sun was out."

Giyu: "The sun was out?"

"Oh I didn't notice..." Ayuna recalled back but she didn't remember the sun coming out, "Well thank you for saving me too. And you guys too." she smiled at the kamaboko squad.

Inosuke: "As if we let the god of nature die!"

"God of nature?" the others questioned but the sea demon just facepalmed.

Ayuna: "Again, I'm no god."

Inosuke: "You summoned a shark!"

Ayuna sighed and let herself fall on the bed: "My demon blood art."

Amane: "You seem tired. Have a good rest Ayuna."

Ayuna waved with her tail: "I will."

"Well since you're fine I'm going too." Sanemi excused himself and left and some also followed suit.

Ayuna jumped up again: "Wait Kyojuro your eye!"

Mitsuri pushed her back down again: "Nuh uh, we have an expert here you forgot?"

"Right, you're stealing all my patients." Shinobu jokingly said and pushed the flame hashira out, "and you three come with me too for check up."

The kamaboko squad also left with only the water hashira left with Ayuna.

"You're not going?" Ayuna asked.

Giyu: "Do you want me to?"

Ayuna: "That's not what I meant. You can stay if, ou want. But I'm planning to slee-"

Giyu hugged her which surprised her.

Giyu: "I was worried. You almost died."

Ayuna: "But it ended well, didn't it?"

Giyu: "I don't want you to get hurt."

Ayuna: "I'll be careful."

Giyu: "And don't leave."

Ayuna chuckled and hugged back: "Don't worry, I won't go anywhere."