四 | Meet The Ubuyashikis

Ayuna's pov

I felt how the tank was placed down after a while and someone removed the covers and I could see a woman and five kids in front of me. Kagaya joined them.

"This is the demon who lifted the curse." Kagaya started, "You can turn into your original form if you want Ayuna."

"Nah I look scary." I said not wanting to scare the five kids.

Kagaya: "Don't say that you don't look scary at all. Make yourself at home."

I jumped out from the tank and transformed back midair landing gracefully.

"Good day everyone. My name is Ayuna." I greeted them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, please call me Amane. I heard from my husband that you lifted the curse and therefore, I want to thank you." the beautiful woman said.

"Thank you Ayuna-san." the quintuplets also expressed their gratitude.

A warm and fuzzy feeling developed inside me which caused me to unconsciously move my tail from side to side, "I just did what anyone else would do. So no need to thank me."

Honestly I was a bit overwhelmed with the gratitude. I did fulfill some wishes in the past halfway to prove the past trespassers that I really can grant their wishes if they brought my pendant back. But now that I think about it none of them ever said 'thank you' at the material desire I left them, so I was very happy to finally hear it.

In addition, it felt great to speak with people again instead with fishs. They never understood me anyways.

3rd person pov

"Ayuna, are you feeling comfortable here? It must be strange to move to an unfamiliar place." Kagaya joined in.

"Not at all, I adjusted myself here just fine and honestly, I'm very happy to be here. It was quite lonely at the sea." Ayuna said honestly.

Kagaya: "Since we're working together now, we want you to feel comfortable so if you need anything just ask away."

Ayuna scratched her cheek with her index finger: "If it's not too much to ask, I do feel bad bothering the water hashira with my needs."

Amane: "It's not much at all. Moreover, we're happy to help you in any way possible."

"Well you already know that I eat fish instead of humans..." the sea demon began, "but I eat them in a large amount, so if it's not too much trouble, I need someone to send me 10 to 15 fishs a week."

Amane assured her that it wasn't troubling at all and that the request is easy to fulfill and they even announced to send some fishs to the water estate right away.

They conversed happily with each other and as the conversation moved on, the formalities were all forgotten and they spoke as if they have been friends for years. Ayuna also performed her demon blood art for the kids and with one hand motion she created some sea animals in the air with the water from the fish tank.

Later, the water pillar arrived to pick his flatmate up and Kagaya gifted Ayuna the fish tank since he noticed she liked it and she accepted it.

Giyu went back to his estate with Ayuna in her new fish tank and as they arrived they saw two kakushis in front of the estate to deliver the fishs.

"Tomioka-sama, we were told to deliver those fishs every week now and I wanted to ask where to put them?" a kakushi noticed his arrival.

"Just place them at the entry." the hashira replied and went inside his house.

After he removed the blanket that was protecting the fish tank from the sunlight he moved out again to pick the delivered fish up.

"Just to let you know, Ubuyashiki-san will take care of my food from now on." the goldfish explained and as she saw the delicious fishs in Giyus hands she jumped out of the fish tank and snapped the two nets with fish out of his hands.

Ayuna took a fish out of the net and let it fall in her mouth, "Mh! They taste even better than those I catched, they're juicy!" she spoke as she enjoyed the fish with every chew and her tail moved happily around.

Then someone knocked on the door and Giyu answered it.

It was Kanroji Mitsuri.

"Hello Tomioka-san! Sorry that I just come so suddenly but I really wanted to meet Ayuna!" Mitsuri cheered and Giyu let her inside.

Giyu went to the kitchen while the love pillar noticed the sea monster eating her fishs.

"Oh hello." Ayuna noticed her presence after finishing her last fish.

"Oh my, taking a closer look, you look gorgeous!" the girl fangirled which surprised the sea demon, "I am? Thank you, I hear it for the first time. But you look pretty too."

Mitsuri: "You're so nice! But it's true you look really graceful!"

"Aw, please stop I can't handle such compliment. Come here, join us. " she patted on the free seat at the table with her tail as Giyu came with a trail of three cups of tea.

Misturi: "Thank you, oh, I haven't introduced myself yet, I am Kanroji Mitsuri but feel free to just call me Mitsuri!"

Ayuna: "Alright Mitsuri, as you have heard, I'm Ayuna."

Mitsuri: "If you don't mind me asking, what's your demon blood art?"

Ayuna: "Water, ice and tail manipulation."

Mitsuri: "Is this why your tail is so long?"

Ayuna wobbled with her tail: "I guess so. It also makes me a great swimmer."

Mitsuri: "And how did you lift the curse?"

Ayuna: "That's not my demon blood art, it's more like a special ability I gained after I turned into a demon. I can also grant wishes like the tale says. I think I developed these skills myself since I really wanted to get something back."

Mitsuri: "What were you looking for?"

Ayuna showed her the jade pendant: "This, it was the only thing my mother left so I really wanted it back."

Mitsuri: "Sorry I didn't intent to bring back the past!"

Ayuna smiled: "I don't mind, instead I like your company, it's quite nice to talk with people from time to time. It was quite lonely at the sea."

Giyu: "What about me?"

Ayuna: "Hm?"

Giyu: "You don't like my company?"

Ayuna: "I like your company too, you just don't talk often. Also, isn't it the other way around? It's your house and I hope that I'm not a bother."

Giyu: "You're not."

Mitsuri was fangirling inside, she hoped that whatever it was that grew between the beautiful sea demon and the water pillar, will keep growing.

Ayuna: "Well I'm looking forward to the missions with the both of you. I hope that I can help."

Mitsuri: "Kya! I can't wait too!"