Chapter 14 : Bet and rest

Start from the beginning

You laughed awkwardly at her words, grateful that you didn't have to go through what other members of the agency experienced.

"We'll need to keep an eye on you for any adverse effects from that locket, but I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time."

Dazai piped up, his tone mockingly exaggerated. "Oh, I'm sure (Y/N) will be up and running, summoning creatures and saving the day in no time."

Yosano raised an eyebrow. "Is that so? Well, I'll be sure to prepare for some unusual cases then."

You swallowed hard, your unease growing. Deep down, you prayed hard that you wouldn't have to experience her ability on you one day.

Dazai, always the one to diffuse tension with humor, waved a hand dismissively. "Come now, Yosano, there's no need to scare our dear (Y/N) away. They're already dealing with enough, don't you think?"

Yosano let out an exasperated sigh, but her features softened ever so slightly. "Fine, fine. Just remember, (Y/N), if you ever need patching up, I'm the best there is. Just don't make a habit out of it."

You offered her a grateful smile, appreciating the reassurance despite her gruff demeanor. "I'll keep that in mind, Yosano. Thanks."

"Don't worry about it; it's my job," she replied with a reassuring nod, her stern expression softening slightly. Yosano was known for her unwavering dedication to her work, and you had no doubt that she would ensure your recovery went smoothly.

She then turned her gaze toward Dazai, her tone more commanding. "As for you, Dazai, make sure our dear (Y/N) gets the rest she needs. No more running around Yokohama or getting into trouble for a while."

Dazai raised his hands in mock surrender. "Of course, Yosano-san. I'll make sure our charming little squirrel gets all the rest she needs, even if it means tying her to the bed."

Your cheeks flushed at his playful remark, and you couldn't help but protest, "Dazai, you really don't have to go to such extremes."

Yosano's lips twitched with amusement as she turned to leave the room. "I'll be checking on you later. Behave yourself, both of you."

Once she was gone, you felt that you had your energy back, making you feel the need to get up. You then sat up on your bed. "Now that she's gone, I can finally-"

"Oh no you don't." Dazai's hand then stopped you. "You need to rest, and you know that."

"Come on, Dazai-san, I want to walk so bad."

Dazai raised an eyebrow, his grin growing mischievous. "You know, I was only joking about tying you to the bed, but if you're that eager to escape, maybe I should reconsider."

Your eyes widened at the threat, and without a second thought, you swung your legs over the edge of the bed and attempted to make a dash for the door. Your determination was short-lived, as Dazai's swift reflexes kicked in. In a blur of motion, he intercepted you just before you could reach the door.

He effortlessly lifted you off the ground and carried you back to the bed, his strength surprising for someone who often appeared so nonchalant.

"Dazai, put me down!" you protested, half-heartedly attempting to free yourself from his grip.

He chuckled softly, his grip remaining firm yet gentle. "Sorry, (Y/N), but you're not going anywhere."

Before you could react, Dazai skillfully used some spare sheets to tie you securely to the bed, ensuring that you couldn't make another escape attempt. You let out an exasperated sigh, realizing that arguing with Dazai was a futile endeavor.