C H A P T E R - X

P R O T E C T I V E

"I don't care, Uday. I want it, on my desk right now. All the details, all the information. We have already delayed a lot of things due to my engagement!" A furious and very determined Atharva sat in his study room, all ready to get back to what matters to him the most, his work, his commercial empire and his revenge. All of it that had been left behind for several days due to his sudden Engagement Ceremony.

But all while he was busy there and gone, he had his men working on his plan, as per his instructions and this time all that Atharva wanted to hear, was a good news.

"Sir I had been collecting all of it, and we have all the evidences. But that man ran away the last moment, what can I do?" A scared Uday spoke through the other end of the phone.

"I don't know. Do anything, but bring him to me, as soon as possible. All sound and alive or else you will be dead!" This time he growled with anger and frustration and exactly then the door of his study room opened and a doubtful Akarsh entered, who himself looked so much in disbelief.

"Whom are you killing now, Atharva?" Frustration was clear from Akarsh's tone of speaking as he stood infront of Atharva's desk resting his hand near the curved edge.

"No one bhai, don't worry!" Atharva sighed, keeping the phone away.

"Don't worry? Look at yourself Avi, you have to stop all this crap now. It's been years since that incident, all of us are trying our best to move on. But you, you are still struck there, fighting for nothing. Putting our entire family's life at stake. Do you even realize that? Think about us, think about Devika, Aarushi, what if they harm them to bother you? Socha hai kabhi?" Akarsh's eyes filled with disappointment as he looked at his younger brother, looking ever so indifferent about everything.

"I am not putting anyone's life at risk, bhai. I am just trying to protect, everyone of us. Mere hote hue kisiko kuch nahi hosakta" Atharva's voice shook as he tried to compose himself, stop himself from bursting into a firing rage infront of his elder brother.

"How are you trying to protect? By killing innocent people in name of revenge? By making new enemies all the damn time?"

"It's not like that. None of these people are innocent!"

"Stop all of it Atharva, I don't care!"

"BUT I CARE, BHAIYA! I DO!" His voice echoed in the room, like the roar of a hurt lion, his eyes closing at the regret of yelling infront of Akarsh.

"I am sorry-" And when he opened his eyes, he was already gone from the room, filling Atharva's entire heart with regret and guilt.

________________________________

"YOU LIVED HERE ALL YOUR DAMN LIFE AND NEVER EVER GOT ME HERE??"

"Shut up, Ayesha. I shifted here last year only-"

"I don't care di! I am taking the room next to kitchen!" Ayesha squealed in exitement running upto the room she chose for herself with her bags.

"That's my room masi!" And after her, ran Aarushi with a frown upon her face.

"Whatever guys, I have to go to the hospital so take care of yourselves, Ayesha please feed Aaru dinner in case I get late. Anything will work today even pizza or pasta or anything else, just ignore olives, Aarushi is allergic to them!" Devika instructed, while she kept her suitcase into her room and went in the bathroom for a quick shower before she could change and immediately leave for work. She had already taken so much leave due to the engagement thing, and she couldn't take any more off or delay anything. She even had to check onto the orphanage and NGO kids for a regular meet-up and check up, and it would be a lie to say she didn't miss working, she absolutely loved and enjoyed her job thoroughly.