Fight of Claws and Daggers

The lioness patters a finger down the clenched knuckles of her opposite hand, trying to swallow her nervousness as she approached her brother, the Prince Rowan Whitethorn stalking at her side.

It seemed as though the itch was worse the more she thought of showing it to anyone else out with the male beside her.

Rowan had somehow convinced her into showing Gavriel, and in turn she made him promise to not tell Gavriel about her task; Only that the itch was caused by it.

The panic stirred in her, but as Gavriel met her stare it eased, like ice melting into water, the warm smile he offered her, rebinding that this was her big brother. He wouldn't care, he was family
In no way would he judge or harm her. It wasn't ingrained to any part of his nature. Sure they had their differences before and immediately after the Golden Death but they had come far since then.

Rowan upped a step beside her, slowing as they neared Gavriel.
Rowan glanced to her when they stopped, when she didn't automatically speak, her silence caused Gavriel to rise.

"What is it sister?"
The undeniable worry in his voice almost reduced her to tears once more. Swallowing the air lodged in her throat, she opened her mouth to speak when Rowan cut in.

"The Oath is harming her"
At his simple concise words, Gavriel's stare snapped back to her, his eyes narrowed in worry as they scanned up and down her body, trying to find visible evidence of Rowan's words.

She saw no purpose in making him wait any longer now that the truth was out, shifting she began to roll up her sleeve.
Gavriel tracked her movements, eyes squinting at her arm when the scratched skin became visible.

"God's" he breathed, hands halting inches from her skin when he raised them, glancing to her for permission quickly Gavriel didn't touch her arm until she nodded at him.

His fingers lightly traced the edges of the raw flesh. Assessing the damage she had inflicted upon her own skin.

"Do you know anything about this happening before?" She asked when he leaned back away from his inspection.

Gavriel shook his head glancing up to look between them, "Are you sure it has to do with the orders she gave you?"

"Certain."

Gavriel looked ready to ask, but he stopped himself short with a low sigh, looking back down to her arm.
"I can heal this skin so it doesn't scar, and might be able to sooth the itch a little"

He flicked a sharp gaze to Rowan, an unspoken message passing between them, Rowan's shoulders shifted as he backed slightly, edging away from the siblings. Brielle watched, evidently aware of Gavriel inspecting the gashes in her arm, Rowan quickly and quietly met her stare, his usually stoic eyes softening; a show of shadowed affection from the Prince.

With not so much of a sound, Rowan slipped away, leaving the two alone, the boat swaying under them, the waves curling along the sides of the ship.

The air clogged in her throat as Gavriel worked soundlessly, the familiar flare of his power silking itself into her skin, a warmth pouring across her flesh.

Brielle watched on as the blood began to colour the patches, It tingled when the power moved through her, a few more beats of silence passed Gavriel sat down onto the crate of which he had previously been perched. He pulled her down beside him, his grip feather light around the bone of her wrist.

Once she had finally eased next to him, Brielle down casted her stare, despite the weight of her brother's bearing down on her, as though just waiting for her to talk.

"I know you're not okay sister"

His statement was like a bucket of ice over her head, alarm bleated bright, a blinding so sudden Brielle's muscles twitched to flee, the soothing feeling of Gavriel's finger smoothing circles into her wrist grounded her to the moment as the gravity reserved trying to drag her away.