The Plantation of Bombs

Start from the beginning

Uncertainty always led to drastic measures to preserve life. A caged animals would go to great lengths to ensure its own survival, A Lioness was no different.

Brielle heaved open the double doors, which stood like pillars at the palace entrance. Scaling down the steps, Brielle moved through the city with ease, taking place on the rooftops and rafters of buildings to avoid any distractions, she needed to get to the outer walls of the city.

It had been on her visit to the second Lord that had given her the knowledge, that Maeve had gathered her army just at the perimeter of the city walls. A gathering so large, Brielle was amazed she hadn't noticed it sooner.

The sun was cresting the edges of the horizon by the time she reached the outer camps. Guarding fae warriors watched her walk past, Brielle had been out of Cairn's hold long enough now to know what Maeve's warriors knew and therefore what they didn't in regards to Aelin's slowly forming court. A court of dreamers that could rival and destroy them.

Many knew that Rowan, Gavriel and Lorcan were all severed of their Blood oath, But Brielle? they were anxious about. If the sister of the Lioness had been with them, why now was she back? Serving the very Queen that the others had betrayed. It didn't make sense, Brielle believed it perhaps may be to her advantage that they had no hint to whether she was still blood sworn to their Queen. 

Many slowed to watch her pass, other stopped entirely as a show of respect, for the titles she bore within the ranking order of Maeve's army, if she still bore them, They did not know. But Brielle had been a commanding officer, training the Soldiers for a reason. Had earned her ranking and right to be above them. 

She continued on, into the middle of the camp, searching for the fighting circles. Both male and females fae surrounded the pit, which was bounded by sandbags that formed each circle. Brielle stopped at the edge of the group surrounding, keeping herself far enough back that they wouldn't initially notice her.

The fae pair in the middle circle of three, the circumstance bigger then the two on either side, moved like it was a dance of fast movements, the female cracked her fist against the males jaw, her jab going skywards, rocking the male backwards off balance until he stumbled and fell over the sandbags. Out. 

The group roared in excitement around Brielle, soldiers always bonded over the trials and victories off each other, as a group they could only be as strong as their weakest member, Rowan and the others had always trained them to work betters as a group, it could be the only thing that keeps them alive in a fight.

The female, her hair pinned back in a loose knot, dropped low to offer a hand, pulling the male back to his feet, he mumbled something to her shaking hands in respect and re-stepped back out the circle.

"Anyone else?" she yelled excitedly, eyes scanning through the crowd, there as no sound after her voice faded into the air, a quick glimmer of disappointment shone through her eyes.

Brielle lifted a hand, pushing through the group. "I will."

The girl turned her way, smirk beaming until she tracked Brielle moving forward, "Commander Brielle." All the eyes in the surrounding group now turned to watch as the Commander walked between them, a space they open so she could pass. The females expression dropped and began to weight shift from side to side on the balls of her feet.

"Rules are simple: Fight, no weapons or magic, until you tap out or your opponent pushes you out." the male from the previous fight spoke from the side, Brielle didn't miss as he shot an encouraging look to the female who no more then a minute ago, put him on his ass.

Slowly, Brielle began to drop each of her knives and daggers into the hands of a male, the symbols on his badges, signifying himself as a Captain. The group watched her take each one, noticing the hiding places for the concealed blades.