Aftermath: Moon, Mountains and Justice

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the bustling streets began to empty. I was sure there were people here just moments ago. A tap on my shoulder snapped me from my thoughts, and I turned to see a young woman with striking blue hair.

"Hello there" She greeted me. 

I could feel it. She was a devil, just like the girl I had encountered before. They had found me.

"This was fun, but even I want my holiday, so come back peacefully and...Hey!!!"

Before she could finish her sentence, I sprinted away as fast as my legs could carry me in the opposite direction. A narrow back alley presented itself, and I rounded the corner, continuing to run until I could run no more. It wasn't fatigue that halted me; it was as if my body refused to move. Something resembling a tongue, stuck out and wrapped around me, and I couldn't move then. 

"Gotcha.."

The voice of a young man stated. I could feel some of my strength being siphoned by it. It was a horrible feeling. As I looked up, a tall young woman with black hair loomed over me.

"I'm sorry, Dr., but it's over for you. We're taking you back to our master," she stated, her tone leaving no room for negotiation. I fell in her direction as the fatigue washed over me. My eyes struggled to remain open, but I could see her lifting me and placing me over her shoulder.

"Mission complete. Good job, Saji."

She said as the young man celebrated.

As they began to walk away from the alley, I attempted to resist, but it was futile. I couldn't return to that basement. I couldn't endure the bespectacled woman's tactics any longer, and as much as I'm inclined to, I don't wanna get involved is Asia's life, for my own sake. She seems like a kind young girl with a good heart. But we live in different world. I have my own adventure, my own world to...

Then a thought struck me. What if I... Summoning the remnants of my strength, I moved my lips and whispered,

"بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ."

The woman carrying me suddenly dropped to the ground, and the others followed suit, clutching their heads as if struck by a terrible headache. I knew it. If the forces of darkness existed, so too did their counterparts. That's why I called upon the one followed by my forefathers: the God of Islam. Although in this context, He was also the God of Christians and Jews. The bespectacled lady glared at me

"Never...do that...again!" she warned loudly, reaching out to grab me. I couldn't let them take me back.

This time, I would try Hebrew, the first line of the Lord's Prayer.

"אבינו שׁבשׁמים יתקדשׁ שׁמך,"

I struggled to say.

Her hand, moving closer to me, was abruptly yanked away as she clutched her aching head.

"I said, stop that!" she exclaimed.

With the regained strength, I stood up. Perhaps other gods might come to my aid. I called upon Vishnu, Odin, and even Thor, and the response was the same—a searing headache struck them all. You might say I was a little sadistic from torturing these children like this, and you might be right. They are devils, and although I've come to learn that doesn't equate to evil. The woman they serve brought me to this foreign land, and I'm not having it. They will get what's coming to them.