2.The Nanny Diaries

"Okay I can do this, I can do this" Caroline repeated over and over as she paced her bedroom back and forth "Klaus as a 3-year-old toddler, I got this. Just feed him, play with him and make sure he's clothed and potty trained OH SHIT is he even able to use the toilet himself UGH" Niklaus looked up at the blonde angel, what he liked to think she was and found himself giggling at her outburst. Caroline was brought out of her trance and found herself smiling at his little laugh.

"Niklaus I'm gonna call you Nik for short okay, your name is quite a mouthful" she couldn't stop smiling at him and at the fact if he were an adult she would yell profanities at him for smirking at her but he was a 3-year-old boy now and had no memory of the earlier life he had before the spell. Nik grinned and Caroline couldn't help as her heart clenched as his eyes lit up and his dimples were showing yet again. Even as a toddler you can make a girl's heart swell she thought.

"What's your name?" Niklaus stood beside her tugging on her shirt for attention. The Henley still falling off his shoulder as he tried to keep it on him.

"Caroline" she answered proudly although she was unsure why.

"Are you an angel?" Caroline giggled and so did he. His soft voice and accent was the cutest thing she ever heard. "I don't think so kiddo" she answered him bending down to his level. "We need to get you something to wear, preferably in your size" she said as she fixed the Henley on him. Her phone was ringing yet again and Niklaus couldn't understand what it was, he never seen a phone before and didn't understand why she was talking to what looked like a flat' box with colours and sounds. It was then he felt a warm liquid falling down his leg and pooling at his feet "Oh no" he whispered on the verge of tears.

"Caroline" he called her and she looked up from her phone after sending Bonnie her fifth message since they arrived back at Caroline's place. She looked over at the toddler who was cowering in the same spot she left him in and whimpering.

"Nik what's wrong" she watched as he shook his head frightened as she moved towards him.

"I'm sorry Caroline. Please don't hurt me" She looked down and realized what he was talking about. He had peed on her bedroom floor and his Henley shirt was wet too.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. Come on let's get you cleaned up" she held her hand out to him which he eyed sceptically before taking. "Nik it's okay, everybody has accidents" she told him but he began to cry.

"I didn't mean to. Father gets mad, he hurts me" he cried even more and Caroline felt her heart swell and tears formed in her eyes at the sight before her. "Well your father isn't here and he can't hurt you. So let's get you cleaned up" she plucked him into her arms disregarding the fact he was drenched in pee and took him into the bathroom and ran a warm bath for him with bubbles and she even sought out a few old ducks she used to use when she was a kid and placed them in the bath along with Nik as she stepped away to clean up the mess. She had just gotten back to him when Bonnie walked into the bedroom calling her name "I'm in here Bonnie" she said as she turned her attention back to Nik who was splashing and giggling as the water went all over Caroline

"Oh my god. Is that ?" Bonnie burst into a fit of laughter at the sight before her. Caroline however was scowling but Nik was grinning from ear to ear as Bonnie came into the bathroom.

"Well I am glad you find this funny Bonnie Bennett"

"It's just you and him, I just can't" she kept giggling "I'm sorry this isn't a laughing matter" she finally composed herself. "Thank you. Now what the hell am I going to do with him?" Caroline threw her hands up in the air.

"Well here's the thing. I'm not entirely sure how to undo the spell but I heard Elijah and Rebekah know another witch but I need to figure out where they are first" Caroline lost it then

"BONNIE" she yelled and Nik jumped with fright. She seen his reaction and immediately went to calm him "It's okay Nik, I didn't mean to yell" she brushed his wet locks out of his face as he nodded.

"AWWW Care" Bonnie giggled at her best friend

"Bonnie" she warned.

"He was a cute kid huh?" Bonnie and Caroline watched as he lined the ducks up in the water and splashed about and couldn't help but smile at him. "It's hard to believe that kid is Klaus though" Bonnie told Caroline who couldn't tear her eyes away from him.

"Tell me about it. He even snuggled into me when I took him home from the woods" Caroline told Bonnie as they stepped into the bedroom a bit more.

"Does he even remember what happened?" Bonnie eyed the toddler smiling with not a care in the world.

"No, I mean he would have said something remotely Klaus like but he doesn't remember anything plus he's human Bon and he's at least 3 years old." Caroline told her friend who just nodded understanding.

"Caroline what are we going to tell your mom?" Caroline groaned at the thought. She hadn't fully thought it all through. "Care?"

"Oh, wait I got it. I'll tell my mom he lives in the next town over, his parent's are going out-of-town for a couple of weeks and were looking for a nanny" Bonnie just stood wide-eyed, impressed actually at her friends quick thinking. "My mom won't believe it will she?"

"I can vouch for you if you want, I can tell her I used to look after a neighbours kid every second weekend or something. I'd doubt she would do a check on it" Bonnie stated. Caroline didn't think she could love her any more than she already did. "Bonnie you're a life saver"

"Don't thank me yet"

"huh"

"Caroline he still needs clothes and from what you told me a potty to help him train. I'm sure you don't want to be changing Klaus dirty diapers" Caroline grimaced at the thought "Could you be any more disgusting?" she called out as she made her way back to the bathroom to find Nik sitting in a half full bathtub grinning innocently but a small glint of mischief in blue eyes as Caroline noticed the soaking wet floor.

"Nik" she scolded but the toddler just giggled "You're in big trouble mister" she pointed her forefinger at him and he bowed his head before looking back up at Caroline with puppy eyes. "I'm sorry Angel Caroline" Bonnie heard Klaus say and she grinned "Smooth talker for a 3-year-old" she eyed Caroline before speaking up "You can't scold an adorable face like that without feeling guilty Care. I know you."

"Ugh curse Klaus and his adorable baby self" she said as she scooped him out of the bath with a huge bath towel and began to dry him off as he sat on her lap his legs kicking as the remaining bubbles fell to the bathroom floor.

"Bonnie" Caroline wanted to mentally slap herself when she realized she had no clothes for him. "I'm already on it Care, I'll be back before you know it"

"Looks like it's just you and me Nik" Caroline smiled at the toddler who was wrapped up in the towel sitting on her lap.

"Me and Angel Caroline" Nik stated before reaching his arms up around Caroline's and giving her a hug cuddling into the crook of her neck, his eyes drooping as he fell fast asleep.