The ringing in my ears gets louder. Firing a gun is such small confines is never a good idea. Then again, what choice do I have?

The force of the weapon being fired makes my injured ribs throb and burn even harder. There's no time to think about it. I take aim again, my body draped over Arella's, careful not to smush her.

Whoever watched their buddy die was smart enough not to look into the window again. So when a voice demands that I drop the gun from the opposite window, I jump and turn in fright.

Swinging around, I aim at the window and shoot again. It misses by barely an inch.

"I wouldn't do that again if I were you." He warns, pointing behind me.

I know that I'm not supposed to take my eyes off a target. It's one of the first things that Damon taught me when we first got married. With a foggy head and an injured body, my brain isn't working like it's supposed to, so I turn and see a gun aimed right at my head through the same window I just shot out of.

Right in this moment I know that I'm totally powerless. Outgunned, injured, and alone. I have no idea where our guards are. My kids are possibly ran off the road, injured or dead. It's over.

Tears fall freely down my cheeks, the saltiness stinging the small cuts that are on my face. Looking down at my angel, I see it on her face too. Even at her young age, she knows that we're not getting out of this.

Her deep blue eyes shine with tears and she whimpers.

"We technically don't need you, lady. Put down the fucking gun or I'll shoot you and take the child." Our future kidnapper reiterates.

With no option left and knowing that being kidnapped with Arella is better than her being left alone, I go to slowly lower the gun. That's exactly when hell breaks loose.

Two large bangs happen almost simultaneously. Both men drop. More shots follow and I can hear the sounds of bodies hitting the ground. Wet thumps as their souls leave their bodies.

Picking up my gun again, I aim it at the window, ready to shoot anybody else that gets close to my family.

There's no time for breaths of relief or for silent prayers. I'm running solely on adrenaline now. I have to be ready.

More footsteps approach the car and right as I'm about to shoot, a familiar voice echos, "Mama! Don't shoot!"

Davide leans down and peeks his head into the car. Right then and there is when I break. Large gasping cries exit my mouth as I take in his features. Aside from a couple scratches along his face he looks fine.

"Mama, stay still. You're hurt! We're working on getting these doors open!" He calls for Andrea and together they manage to pull the door open.

It took several minutes and multiple tries. As soon as it's open, they lean over Arella's seat and pull me from the car.

"Don't worry about me! Check on your brother and Papa." I demand.

I'll be fine. It's just a couple of broken ribs. I'm more concerned about my husband, daughter, and son.

"Look down, Mom." Gianni states in his most serious voice, his face the palest I've ever seen.