#3

"Come on come on! Be quick! The building is about to explode!!"

You yelled quickly helping the last people to get inside the plane.

You were about to get inside too but paused. You glanced back, your breath caught in your throat in panic. The plane is about to take off just like you both timed, it has seconds before the door closes off permanently. You panthed, "Tails!!!" You called after him. He was just standing there, in front of the burning building, his fur had some burn marks over the last rescue attempt. He didn't react to your voice, he seemed to be some kind of a trans, you shook your head and sprinted at him. The breeze just helps the fire to travel around. The fires light leaving an effect on his saffron fur that amazes you even in such a station. You were about to yell his name once again only to halt, your hand halted over his. He looked at you. His eyes had something in it that you didn't quite get at the moment. But he knew something big and you released it. You only felt that something was really wrong and that only made you panic even more. You held his arms and shook your head, "We need to go. Right now."

He softly smiled at you, "I know... Y/n, Do you remember what I told you before we came here?"

You frowned, "Was it... that no one will be left behind? We already have everyone! We need to go! Come on!" Your eyes widened when he suddenly gripped your hand and pulled you, you lost yourself in his fierce gaze, like a crazy ocean with big waves, you were stuck in that ship fighting to survive one more day, but unlike you he wasn't confused.

He whispered your name, voice gentle but rigid, shaky but serious, "Lead them to safety. I have to help the kid inside."

You shook your head in disbelief, tears forming in your eyes, you knew you can't change his mind, but going in there was a suicide! If he was going to save that kid, you are not going to leave him to deal with that alone, "I am not leaving you."

"You have to. You have to help the people we saved. Lead them to safety. They have no one else. There is no time for us to discuss this. Please, just listen to me for once. I have a plan. I am not leaving that kid."

He wiped your tears, "We will see each other again. I promise." He smiled softly, his eyes as soft and calm like a clear sky. You stared at him, shaking your head, silently pleading for him to stay.

His hands slipped from yours as he backed away, his eyes never leaving yours until the last moment, you stared behind him as he jumped inside the fire. You shook your head, your breathing speeding up. You screamed his name after him, you were about to jump inside the burning flames only for someone to pull you back, you struggled on their strong hold, crying out his name. You knew that gloves, the golden rings around it, the black fur donated with red stripes. You didn't know how he was there. Why was he there? He shouldn't be. He should be far far away from your location in another state, in another fight. The last thing you knew was you were forced inside the plane as you pressure yourself to plot the plane back, the burning building's sight slowly vanishing from your sight, far far away, so far away from him.