I Wish I Could Have Loved You Longer* (Kurapika x Male Reader)

Start from the beginning

"My mission doesn't start until morning. I'll just be reading. Feel free to do whatever it is you do."

I throw myself on the bed, crossing my arms behind my neck. "What's the plan of action? Fight the current owner of the scarlet eyes, grab them and go back home?"

He rolls his eyes. "Honestly, (Y/N). Why do you always insist on fighting? I'm usually able to talk them into giving the eyes to me. I'm an excellent hunter."

"So am I. I just think fighting is more fun than talking."

"Good night, (Y/N)."

I furrow my brow. "Good night? It's still early. I was gonna order some room service. Want anything?"

"No, thank you."

I open the draw to the nightstand separating our beds. I pull out a menu. "Sorry. You gotta eat something."

He sighs in defeat. "Let me guess...Leorio's orders?"

"Yep," I say, perusing the menu. "How does hamburg steak sound?"

I hear Kurapika's stomach growl.

"I take that as good," I say.

I pick up the phone to place our order.

Once our food arrives, we eat in silence. I watch Kurapika as I chew on my steak.

I wash it down with water. I slam my glass on the table, breaking the silence. "Why don't you like me?"

He pushes his tray away. "You don't like me either so why does it matter?"

I shrug my shoulders. "You're right. I guess it doesn't."

He stands up. "Thank you for the meal."

So the bastard expects me to clean up after him? I sigh. This is going to be a long mission.

I hear the shower running as I walk up to the bathroom. I walk in anyway. The steam makes it difficult to see through the glass, but I can see enough. I don't even know why I'm staring. He must feel my eyes on him.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Kurapika shouts.
I unzip my pants. "I gotta piss. Sorry."
"Well....make it quick. I like my privacy."

Now he wants to be in control of my bladder? Tch.

Kurapika's already sleeping by the time I crawl under the covers. His back is facing me on the opposite bed. 

I sigh. I'm not even sleepy, but I don't dare turn on the television. I guess I'll just close my eyes.

The sound of metal clanking wakes me up. I sit up in bed, fixing my bedhead.

I yawn. "Kurapika? Is that you?"

The room is dark, but I can see his aura surrounding him. "Yes. I apologize. Did I wake you?"

"Uh...yeah. What time is it?"

"A little after two. I work on my Nen when I have trouble sleeping."

I lay back, pulling the covers over my head. "Well...I'm trying to sleep. We have a big mission in a few hours."

"We? May I remind you...you're only here because Leorio bribed you to watch over me."

I ignore his comment.

I hear him put his damn chains away and crawl back into bed. "(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are you here? I can't imagine Leorio paying you a lot of money," Kurapika says.