"Apex" Predators

*A/N: I've never played or even watched Apex gameplay before, so apologies if I get something wrong in that department!*

*Petra POV*

"And... done!" I exclaim, finally finishing my homework.

"I've never heard you this excited to finish homework before. What, you going on a date or something?" My roommate Rosemi teased, sitting on her bed.

"Well, since I'm finished, I'm going to play Apex with Reimu," I explained.

"Since when do you play Apex?" Rosemi asked.

"I've played it once before! But it's not really about the game, I just want to hang out with Reimu for a bit," I tell her.

"Aww, that's sweet. Well, have fun, I'm going out tonight," she announces, that's when I finally notice that she's all dressed up.

"Wait, are you going on a date?!" I exclaim.

"Maybe~" she teases again.

"No way, with who?!" I question.

"That's a secret! Maybe someday I'll tell you," she cheekily answered, giving me a wink.

"Aww, no fair! You know my crush, I should know yours!" I complained.

"Shouldn't you be getting on Apex? You're keeping your friend waiting~" she said to dodge the question, but she's right. I quickly shoot Reimu a text, and hop on the computer. As I'm getting on, I notice that Rosemi has slipped out of our room.

"That sneaky... I'll find out who she's with someday!" I declare to no one in particular, and get on my computer. Then, I get a chat notification from Reimu. I put my mic on and accept it.

"Ah, hey Petra. I invited a third person to join us, is that okay?" Reimu asks.

"Of course it is, Reimu. Who'd you invite?" I ask, then I see someone else join the voice call.

"Hello! You girls ready?" I hear the third member ask.

"Wait, Elira?! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!" I begin fangirling, it's Elira!

"Woah, you seem excited, Petra. It's um... nice to see you, too," she awkwardly responds.

"I'm ready Elira, and Petra is too. Let's do this. And Petra, stay focused," Reimu says to both Elira and I.

"I'll do my best! Don't worry Elira, we'll win this for sure!" I make a declaration, and they both chuckle.

"Since you haven't played this much, we'll carry the load here. We don't often get to play together, do we? Let's do this!" Elira excitedly announces.

"Yeah! I'll follow your lead!" I respond, and I can hear a sigh come from Reimu.

"Let's go, come on," Reimu says and invites us to the lobby. We join, and begin playing. About mid way through the match, things are going surprisingly well.

"Behind you!" I call out to Reimu, who turns and takes out the person behind them.

"Nice call out! Here, I've got some heals if you're hurt!" Elira calls out, and heals Reimu.

"Thanks! How are you doing over there Petra? Ah!" Reimu asks, before she's sniped from afar.

"I got her!" Elira says, running over to revive Reimu.

"Wait, don't!" I try warning her, but she's sniped before she can revive her. Now she's down next to her.

"Elira! Reimu!" I call out, now worried that we'll lose, considering I'm the only one left standing.