After listening to the guqin for fifteen minutes, Zhuang Laoyan waved, signalling for the musician to withdraw. Every day, her fetus would listen to music two to three times. Each time would amount to more or less fifteen minutes. Any more than that, and it would be disturbing the fetus' sleep.

After the musician had left, Fu Bao, who had been waiting at the side for a while, stepped forward. "Your Highness, Shangyi Bureau has sent people here to pay respects to you and to take your measurements. They said they were to make thicker clothes for you."

"Didn't they just make a few sets of clothes for me half a month ago? Why are they here again?" In a languid manner, Zhuang Laoyan looked at Fu Bao. "Tell them I don't need it."

"Your Highness, the emperor specially ordered for this. He said that as the prince you are carrying grows, clothes that are too loose will make you cold and clothes that are too tight will feel uncomfortable. Thus, he especially instructed the Department of the Palace to make you a few sets of new clothes every month. The new year is fast approaching. The Bureau of Astronomy said that it will snow in the coming days. How could Your Highness not have a few more sets of clothes?" Fu Bao smiled in a fawning fashion. "Anyway, doesn't this show that His Majesty cares about you? How could Your Highness squander His Majesty's good intentions?"

"You're truly growing a silver tongue. Let them enter." Using Yunxi's hand for support, Zhuang Laoyan stood and took a few steps in the room. When the staff of Shangyi Bureau had finished taking her measurements, she heard a court eunuch announce the emperor's arrival.

Once she reached the doorway, she caught sight of the emperor coming inside with large strides. Zhuang Laoyan smiled. "Why has Your Majesty arrived?"

"We are pretty free today, so came to visit Our child earlier." He reached out to hold her hand. The two sat down on the soft couch.

Ever since the last time, when Zhuang Laoyan had thought he only liked princes and not princesses, Feng Jin called the fetus a child instead of a son. Zhuang Laoyan was very satisfied with Feng Jin's action. At least his behavior displayed that he looked forward to this child to a tremendous degree.

While women were pregnant, if they allowed men to participate in some small matters related to her pregnancy and to learn the difficulties they faced during it, it would cause said men to understand a father's sense of responsibility. And once the child was born, they would feel even more deeply for said child.

Don't support theft; read this at sleepchaser's wordpress.

As Yunxi, who was serving at the side, watched her master and the emperor chat relaxedly about small matters, she also took note of their manner. And it seemed like that of an ordinary married couple. She could not help but think, Perhaps Master's feelings toward the emperor weren't in vain. At least His Majesty also treats Master with affection. Otherwise, why would he have people pay attention to Xihe Palace every day? And come almost every day himself to read the yet-to-be-born prince stories?

She had never seen another couple interacting before, but as she observed her master and the emperor, she found herself approving. That said... Yunxi's expression darkened a shade. There were many women in the palace. In the future, there would be more young and pretty women entering through its doors. At that time, would the emperor still treat her master the same way?

No matter what, she worried for her master. Women of the harem who had fallen in love with the emperor were truly pitiful.

"It moved?!" The hand Feng Jin had had lightly placed on Zhuang Laoyan's abdomen seemed to burn, causing him to withdraw it. This was his first time clearly feeling such a slow throb. This kind of sensation was too novel, novel to the point where he felt too afraid to use too much strength as he touched her abdomen. As if by using too much strength, he would knock against the treasure inside.