Chapter 12

Alex's POV

The drive didn't take but 10 minutes. Noah had stayed along the Pacific Coast Highway and found a spot to pull off and park. Noah had mentioned to me that the place was called Sunset Beach. The last reaches of sunset were just creeping under the rolling waves as we stepped onto the sand.

(Picture of beach above)

"Noah, this is beautiful," I said excitedly, turning to look at him. He just continued to look at me with the brightest smile on his face.

"You know I love the ocean," I started, "the lull of the water and the waves crashing has always calmed me down. It's one of the big reasons I moved out here and left Ohio. To be closer to the ocean. Don't you think it's beautiful?"

When I looked back at him again, he was still staring at me with his bright smile.

"Yes. It is absolutely beautiful. But nothing, not even the ocean or the sunset, looks more beautiful than you do right now, " he said while pulling me into his arms and resting his forehead on mine.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment and felt a blush creep to my cheeks. I wasn't used to being complimented like Noah was doing.

"Open your eyes," he whispered. I did as he asked but cast my eyes downward to avoid his gaze. He then gently put his hand underneath my chin and pulled it up to make me look at him.

"I... I'm sorry," I stuttered, "I'm not used to being complimented."

"You don't have to apologize to me, Alex. Just know that I am going to compliment you and tell you just how beautiful you are until you believe it wholeheartedly yourself," he told me.

After telling me one more time how beautiful I was, Noah led me back to his car to drive me home. The ride back was silent, but Noah had slipped his hand into my own that sat in my lap during the drive.

When we pulled back up at my house, Noah got out and opened the car door for me and walked me to my front door.

"Next time, I'm taking you somewhere, and I am paying," I said, giving him a playful poke in the chest.

"So you're already thinking about a second date?" He said with a shit eating grin plastered on his face. I stepped closer to him and placed my hand on his chest.

"Maybe," I said, feeling bold and eyeing his lips.

"Tell me when and where, and I'll be there." He had his head tilted downward and was so close I could feel his breath on my face. "But for now, I think you should get some rest," he said as he began to lean down closer to my face.

I was fully prepared for his lips to meet mine and had let my eyelids flutter closed, waiting. His lips never met mine. Instead, he gave me a soft kiss on the forehead and stepped away towards his car, shooting me a knowing smile.

"Goodnight, beautiful. Have pleasant dreams," he said, shooting me a wink before getting in his car and driving off.

I stood on my front porch in shock for a solid minute before I regained my composure and made my way into my house. I was in the middle of changing into sweatpants and a t-shirt when I heard my phone ding.

Noah: I know you were expecting more out of our goodbye, but what kind of gentleman would I be if I were to kiss and tell on the first date. Don't worry, though... when I do kiss you, I won't stop until you tell me to 😉

Dear Lord in heaven, I thought to myself. One week of knowing this man, and he already had me melting into a puddle.

Authors Note: Hey everyone, thanks so much for all the votes and comments and love for this story!!!! I'm so excited and get to see our boys tomorrow live in concert!!!