Mistletoe 3

Yes you read that right. Mistletoe returns yet again for this book's 2 year anniversary! I'm keeping the tradition going strong. Enjoy!

-------------------------

Carl breezed through the kitchen as he gathered everything he needed to make hot cocoa. He got two mugs, the tin of cocoa powder, some milk, sugar and a bag of mini marshmallows. He laid out his supplies on the counter and got to work. He followed the familiar motions of making his famous hot cocoa from the many Christmases before. In no time at all, Carl was done and the kitchen smelled heavenly. He garnished each mug with a few mini marshmallows before picking up one in each hand. He'd wash up what he used later. 

"Here you go honey," Carl said, holding one of the two mugs of hot cocoa out to his wife.

"Thanks dear," Sandra replied, carefully taking the mug. She held it close in both of her hands and blew on the steaming beverage. She brought the mug closer to her lips and took a long sip. Warmth spread through her and she sighed in bliss. The hot cocoa was just as good as it was every year.

"They're at it again," Carl said with a small smile before leaning on the archway and taking a sip of his own drink.

"Hmm?" Sandra hummed as she finished taking her second sip, "Who's at what again dear?"

"Look who's under the mistletoe."

A smile formed on Sandra's lips as she took another swig of her hot cocoa. She didn't even need to look to know who her husband was referring to. It's always Ben and Rook when the mistletoe is mentioned. Since the couple's first Christmas together, they carry out the tradition of kissing beneath the mistletoe. It was very cute how enraptured the pair were with each other, especially at this time of year.

"How many mistletoes do you think Rook hid in their apartment this year?" Carl asked.

"At least twenty five," Sandra replied.

"Hmm," Car hummed as he took another sip of his warm drink, "I was thinking higher. Like at least forty."

"Where would Rook even hide forty mistletoes?"

"Ben said he found one in the shower this morning," Carl said, throwing back the last of his hot cocoa and taking Sandra's now empty mug from her, "Rook would definitely find a way."

"Good point."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it bad that I have the idea for Mistletoe 4 already? 💀

Have a good rest of your day/night!