41)whats going on?-Steve Rogers

Steve rogers x reader
Reader:22
Context: when Steve comes back from a mission to take down hydra and begins acting abnormal y/n suspects somethings up. Will she figure out what it is or will time not be on her side?
(Requested by nicole_evansrogers97)

Y/ns pov:
So Steve got back from a mission to take down hydra yesterday and he's been acting strange ever since. I'm not sure what's gotten into him but whatever it is has gotta be serious because he hasn't acted this weird since he first saw Bucky again 2 years ago. It can't be a medical reason as he would have been rushed to Bruce in med if it was but I know my Stevie and something is definitely not right. I wanna try talking to him about it but he wouldn't tell me even if I did ask what's wrong so I'm a bit stuck.

Steve's pov:
I think my serum is fading? I didn't even know it was possible but I've been feeling really weak and my muscles are hurting. It's like a reverse reaction and I haven't felt this pain since when I got the serum back in 1943. I may sound crazy but I am really worried. How can I lead a team of superhero's when I'm a super zero?
What abt y/n? I know I shouldn't compare them but she may not like pre-serum me like peggy did. What if she breaks up with me?

Steve calm down, she can sense somethings wrong I can tell by her facial expression. Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact, don't make-OH SHIT. Now she's walking over hood job Steve you had ONE JOB.

No one's pov:
"Stevie?" Y/n asks worried. He looks up at her "hmm" he responds bluntly. She puts her arms around him "I don't want to assume or anything but you know like what's wrong, and don't say nothing coz I can tell something is bothering you" she queries. He pauses for a second debating on trying to lie or just tell the truth. "Well I uhh...you see...so basically...okay so I think I'm loosing my serum...." He pauses to look at her facial expressions. "YOUR WHAT? OMG MY POOR BABY ARE YOU OKAY?" Her voice begins getting higher and more frantic as what Steve just said sinks in. "I mean is their a way to get it back or? Do you know what caused this? Do you want to be super serum Steve still?" She keeps bombarding him with questions. Steve's ears perk up when she asks if he still wants to be super serum Steve. Hes unsure if she will dumb him or not so he puts it to the test. "Uhh I don't think I do want it back if I loose my strengh." She looks at him for a second and smiles "if that's what you want"
She hugs him tightly "but to be clear I'm not reaching those top shelf's in supermarkets so say goodbye to top shelf goods" he laughs and realises that y/n is the one.

"Honestly that was me testing your love for me, I still wanna be super serum Steve and captain america, I think Bucky knows where to get the serum from so I'll call him and we can be on our way" he starts to form a plan
"No no no no no, me poor little Stevie pie if your gonna shrink to this size" she puts her two fingers together with a small gap separating them "we're staying here and the others are getting that serum for you". Steve opens his mouth to protest but it's cut of my a short but sweet kiss on the lips. She winks and leaves the room.

From the other room Steve hears a phone ringing and Bucky answer on the other end. "Hello?" He answers confused. "Hi Bucky so basically i have a small favour to ask you" y/n puts on a sweet voice. "What's Steve done now?" He responds. Steve rolls his eyes at his old friends unfunny comment. "Nothing, nothing but basically he needs a small favour off you, to go and get the super soldier serum" she continues with her sweet tone. Without even being in the room steve can tell she's batting her eyelashes. "And why would that be needed" Bucky questions nosily. "Well if you must know, someone got into an incident with some bully's called hydra and now he's slowly loosing his ability to pick me up" Steve rolls his eyes at another unfunny comment.

The conversation continues for another 10 minutes as Bucky and y/n make a plan to grab the serum and return Steve strength to him. Once they have finished the planning y/n hangs up and walks back into the room Steve's in. "Well it looks like we have a few days off" she smirks walking over to him. Steve grins before y/n places a mop in his hand. "Spring cleaning time!" She excitedly says. He doesn't bother pointing out the fact is October and definitely not spring, instead he just stands up and gets ready for the next few days of cleaning.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Words:874

Hey guys I'm back (again) Ik I've been super inactive but I've been busy with skl. I'm in a very important year at skl and have exams and other things coming up so I'll have to stay in active. Sorry ily all <3

Remember to eat, sleep and drink

Like always dms are open 🤍