Chapter 11

I had to do it. On with the story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The light filtering through the treetops shone through Marinette's eyelids. She groaned, turned over and came face to face with a skeleton. 

Needless to say, every bird within a three hundred feet radius immediately vacated their homes.

After she had emptied her lungs, she finally took a breath and noticed that she was in a wagon. "You're finally awake." A voice took her focus off the corpse beside her and to Rimuru, who was sitting on the front of the wagon, looking back at her.

(I can already see chat making the Skyrim joke.)

"What happened?" She asked. Rimuru's face was stony, not at all like his usual self. "Memories tend to fuzz during a dream walk." He explained. "What's the last thing you remember?" 

"Well..." Marinette thought back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What!?" Benimaru leaped up. "Ciel is the smartest being across all of the infinite dimensions, and your saying she can't even find a trace of who might've done this or why you're having them? Even if it's something covered up she should at least be able to find an aura reading! Even if they disguised their work, they couldn't have disguised themselves as well!"

The rest of the table murmured assent.

"That's not exactly true." Hakurou said in a shaky voice. 

Everyone looked at him. Rimuru looked at him, and he paled. "You think..." 

He nodded. "Cosmos Ifredint." 

Everyone except Marinette blanched to such a point, that had she walked in after the fact, she would've thought she was staring at a room of statues. 

Once again, she leaned over to Benimaru, but paused. It wasn't like hiding her ignorance would do anything.

"Sorry, but what is Cosmos Infredint?" She asked aloud. 

Everyone looked at each other and looked away. Hakurou spoke up again.

"Ten months prior to this, a suggestion was brought forward involving our masters powers over alternate universes." He said. "The suggestion was not harmful in itself, in fact, it helped us a lot. The request wasn't really a request at all, simply a question asked by one of our citizens. Usually, questions like this are forwarded to our fan mail department, but when checked over, it was decided to be put forward to our lord." He looked at Rimuru. "I do not remember the exact wording, but-" 

When Rimuru spoke, his voice was stone cold and barren of emotion. "My lord, I know not if this message shall reach your ears, but I must confess my curiosity on a matter of how far your powers stretch. Are you able to see and affect other versions of our world? If so, then I beg you to create a force to explore these reaches of time and space to find what wonders they hold."

Hakurou nodded. "Good memory my lord." 

"Ciel." Rimuru said dully.

He bowed again. "Either way, the request made it to our ears, and a curiosity was aroused. Lord Rimuru started off doing something simple at first, simply looking into other worlds instead of interacting. Through this, he saw wonders that far surpassed the ones we had, both natural and artificial." 

He went on to describe what they had seen, and some of which they'd recreated in a large building which they called  The Museum of Forged Beauty.