Celebrity

Somewhere in Bangkok

The event venue was brimming with luxury and affluent attendees, including showbiz luminaries eagerly awaiting the announcement of the next award.

"So, the Best Song of the Year goes to... any guesses?" Everyone sat in hushed anticipation, awaiting the announcement of the most prestigious music award.

Winning awards in this highly competitive category wasn't easy. As time passed, more talented singers gained popularity, especially those who were also accomplished in the acting arena. Over the past few years, this award had become even more elusive due to one singer, renowned not only for his vocal talent but also for his heartfelt compositions.

"The award goes to the one and only legend, BEN RUANGWIWAT. Congratulations!" With the announcement, an exceptionally handsome man rose from his seat, smiling at the crowd and accepting their congratulations and praise.

All eyes were fixed on him, with some filled with envy and others filled with admiration and adoration. Ben was aware of this, but he remained unfazed. Known for his celebrity attitude and cold demeanor, he was famous for his 100% self-assuredness and unwavering dedication to creating exceptional music. Ben had dabbled in acting, which had garnered popularity, but his primary focus remained on crafting remarkable music. It was as if music was the sole priority in his life.

Back to present...

Ben made his way to the stage to accept his award.

"Hello, everyone. First and foremost, thank you so much for this award," he said while raising the award slightly. "It's my fourth year receiving this award, and I can't express how happy I am right now. I want to thank my fans for their unwavering support and belief in me. Secondly, thanks to me for creating another masterpiece," he said with a smirk, adding, "Just joking. Anyway, thank you again, and let's continue making great music in the future. Thank you." With that, he left the stage.

After the party

"Hey, Ben, would you like to join our table?" Indy, one of Ben's co-stars, asked.

"Um, okay," Ben replied and joined a table filled with celebrities who congratulated him.

"Ben, seriously, let's date already. How can you reject someone like me seven times?" A tipsy actor asked Ben, shaking him by the shoulder. Everyone was taken aback by the abruptness, but Nani, quick to react, stepped in and separated the two, pushing the intoxicated actor onto a table.

"Are you out of your mind? What are you doing?" Nani shouted, preparing to confront the intoxicated actor again, but Ben stopped him.

"Stop it, he's drunk," Ben said, restraining Nani. "Euro, get his manager and inform them to take him home. He's inebriated," Ben instructed his manager, who promptly attended to the situation. Ben then retreated to the balcony to catch a breath of fresh air.

After a while, Ben's manager approached him, informing him that the intoxicated actor had been safely taken care of. The manager also apologized for the inconvenience.

"You can return to the party; I'll stay here for a while," Ben said.

"Okay, call me when you're ready to go home," his manager replied before leaving.

Ben stood alone on the balcony, sipping a glass of whisky, gazing up at the moon and stars, lost in thought.

"I never knew you enjoyed admiring the night sky," someone said from behind. When Ben turned around, he saw Nani standing in the doorway, arms crossed, and a smirk on his face.

"No, I'm just curious," Ben replied.

"Curious about what?" Nani asked, leaning against the balcony railing.

"That the moon people admire from afar isn't as beautiful as they think," Ben said, forcing a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"And why do you think that way? Isn't it actually beautiful, shining and admirable?"

"Ha! Beauty and admiration are delusions, as we only see the moon from afar. The day you see the moon up close, you'll only see gray, lifeless soil, devoid of shine, a silent, barren expanse, broken from all sides. It's a desolate land." Ben sounded genuinely melancholic as he spoke.

"Do you really dislike the moon so much? But, regardless of what we say, the truth is, even if it's a delusion, it's a beautiful one. Sometimes, you don't need to inspect everything up close. Sometimes, gazing at things from a distance can bring happiness. Look at the moon, surrounded by all those stars, yearning for one closer glimpse of it," Nani said, looking directly at Ben.

"Hah! Do you really believe the moon needs those stars to be happy? The truth is, the moon is entirely reliant on the sun for everything. Its radiance, no matter how bright, is solely thanks to the sun. The moment the sun ceases to bestow its rays upon the moon, the moon will be nothing-just a desolate, lifeless rock." Ben spoke with such sorrow that Nani felt a pang of hurt.

"What's the difference between the sun and the stars? Aren't they the same to the moon?" Nani inquired.

"No! No, no, no! Nothing is the same, nothing! Because stars adore the moon, and the sun despises it so much that no matter how brightly the moon shines, it's all because of the sun. The moment the sun stops casting its rays upon the moon, the moon will be nothing, absolutely nothing!" Ben's voice quivered with sadness, and Nani was deeply affected by the intensity of his emotions.

"There is one thing that will admire the moon without its shine," Nani said, holding Ben's chin gently with his thumb, making Ben look directly into his eyes.

"What is it?" Ben asked, his lips trembling.

"The astronauts. Even without the sun's rays and everything, they won't cease to admire the moon. They will continue to love, cherish, and explore every inch of it," Nani said, reducing the distance between their faces and gazing deeply into Ben's eyes.

As they leaned in to kiss, Ben suddenly turned his face, a look of fear crossing his eyes, and pushed Nani away.

"BEN!" Nani shouted in shock.

"I... I... I'm sorry. I need to go home," Ben stammered, and he ran away from the balcony, leaving a bewildered Nani behind.

_______________________________________

Hello 👋

The Second chapter has been uploaded.
Please tune into this story pure Angst 🔥.

Please drop some comments as feedback 🙏🙏