Prologue

This is the second installment of The Brutal Beast, so please read the first book to root for the couple. You can read this book as standalone but you will miss many inside jokes like the barrel missed vegetables.

...

"Mrs. Malhotra, slowly open your eyes." I heard someone calling me. My eyelids felt heavy as I tried to open it. I immediately shut them close as the brightness in the room was too much for me.

"Slowly. Slowly." The voice instructed me and I opened my eyes blinking rapidly to adjust to the light.

One woman and a Man were hovering over me wearing white coats. "Great. Now move your eyes along with this pen."

The doctor showed the pen and I followed it.

"You are perfectly alright. We can discharge you tomorrow." He smiled and gave some notes to his partner.

Discharge? Where am I? Why am I in the hospital?

"Why..." I opened my mouth to speak only to hear a demonic voice. Am I possessed?

The doctor laughed as if he understood me. "It's normal to have hoarse voice after sleeping for 2 long months. You have been breathing through tubes and that made your mouth dry. You will get your voice soon, make sure you are hydrated."

What is he even talking? Why would I sleep till 2 months? I am an early bird and I wake up at 11 am everyday.

I tried to sit but my body didn't coperate. Am I a vegetable? I can't move?

"Mrs. Malhotra, your muscles are still not used to movements so it might hurt a little but you have to try to move." He suggested and the doctor next to him helped me sit up. They informed the security near the door to inform my family.

Uff! Thank goodness. I almost thought I became a vegetable.

I am in room with white walls and curtains without any paintings or wardrobe.

Mrs. Malhotra.

That struck me and I started recalling everything. I am Princess Nandini Murthy and I was arranged to marry Mr. Malhotra. Since, I didn't want to marry anyone I decided to run away from my house only to find them dead. I was then kidnapped by the killers but I escaped from them to Mr. Malhotra. My maid took my identity making me look like a thief. The killer is The Boss, Manik Malhotra. I tried to prove my identity many times and finally succeeded but Manik fell in love with me. We ran away from the wedding and he was attacked by his enemies and that's when I came to know the truth. Manik is innocent and he was not the killer. We sent out all the villains and we confessed our feelings. We were married and was about to start our beautiful life but a huge truck hit us.

"Manik." His name came out of my mouth and this time I didn't care about my voice. I have to see him now.

My hands trembled as I remembered how the truck hit the car.

"Nandini." Cabir marched into the room and hugged me.

It's a surprise since he was never warm towards me. His eyes were hollow as if he never slept and his stomach also protruding slightly forward.

"You woke up. You woke up." He chanted as if he gave up the hope of me waking up.

Alya?

Yes, she was also there with us. Where are these two?

"Where is Manik? And Alya? Where are they?" I questioned him.

Cabir turned towards the doctors as if he was confirming something with them. They nodded and Cabir took a deep breath.