'I'm sorry to do this to you, Obi,' Sol said in a quiet voice. The man turned from the sight of the twins with Ahsoka to the woman next to him with a low brow.

'Don't apologise, Sol,' he said. 'It is you that will be in the firing line, now. He won't sense them here if you're out there. I should be the one saying sorry.'

'You of all people should never be saying sorry.'

Obi-wan shook his head and turned back to the twins who tried to pull Ahsoka inside. She stood up to her full height and told the kids to go ahead and that she would catch up. With excited laughs, Luke and Leia rushed back to the stairs and descended down to the farm. Little did they know, that Ahsoka would get them into bed and Sol would give them their last kiss goodnight for who knew how long. 

Once they were gone, Ahsoka approached Sol and Obi-wan. The smile that she once wore fell from her face and she looked at the two Jedi Masters. Her eyes centred on Sol, who wore a grimace, and Ahsoka wanted to smoothen the lines that formed on Sol's forehead. Ahsoka had been blessed in the past years to only see smiles on Sol's face, but with no birthdays and the dreaded morrow on the horizon, Ahsoka hated to see her friend in distress.

'If it means anything, Padme is dying to see you,' Ahsoka said, attempting to bring some light to the dark night. 'It's a shame that she won't see the twins, as well. She talks about the possibility all the time.' 

Sol's shoulders rose with an inhale, and she thought her exhale would be relieving. But it did nothing for the pressure she felt on her chest. She had never dreaded the morning as much as she did on that night. Sol had forgotten what it was like to be on the run, as she had gotten comfortable living on the Outer-Rim in the middle of Tatooine's desert. Every day was nothing but Luke and Leia, and when Obi-wan returned in the evenings, it would just be their small, strange family. Obi-wan wasn't their father and was only known as Uncle Obi, but Luke and Leia didn't know anything different. They were safe, and that's all that mattered. 

But now, Sol was going be far away from her children. She trusted Obi-wan to keep them safe with Owen and Beru, but she dreaded to think how long she would be without seeing them. Not seeing their bright, smiling faces meant being in Empire's proximity, and this time, she was leaving to gain his attention. 

If Darth Vader sensed Sol somewhere else in the galaxy, he wouldn't come to Tatooine. This meant that the twins would be safe, but Sol would be in danger. The circumstances had changed, and everyone agreed that Luke and Leia were the priority, and Sol had become the bait to keep them out of the business of the Empire. 

'I just hope that it's not for nothing,' Sol said, meeting Ahsoka's gaze with hesitancy in her words.

'If we know Vader, and I think we can each say that we do-' Ahsoka looked between the Sol and Obi-wan with a knowing look. '-then it won't be for nothing.' 

---

Everyone stood in the desert's suns with squinting eyes. Owen and Beru stood together while Obi-wan stood with Luke and Leia, who were ignorant to the extremity of Sol and Ahsoka's departure. 

Their mother stood in some robes that they had never seen before, while a poncho hung over the utility belt that held a silver cylinder. Luke and Leia didn't ask what it was when they saw Sol wrap the belt around her waist, as they had seen their mother wear it ever since they could remember. It had never crossed their mind to ask, but once Sol left Tatooine's atmosphere, there was a likelihood that it would be used for the first time in half a decade.

'Even if she complains, please make Leia wear the lenses,' Sol said to Owen and Beru in regards to travelling into the nearby cities.

'We'll make sure,' Owen said with a nod, and a sad smile. 'We'll be waiting for you.'