Thirty Three

Aishatu's Pov

Congratulations, dear You are now Mrs AbdulHamid. I heard Asiya mutter Immediately she entered my bedroom. My face broke into a smile and I muttered Alhamdullilah.
I will finally leave this house that has become hell for me and my mother.

This is my father's house but I can't find peace. My grandma hates my Mom. My stepmom hates my mom too.
Congratulations, sis. Umul Khair said to me entering my room.
I hoist my head up and glance at the girl who is smiling at me.

Thank you. I muttered returning the smile.
The elders all came to my room to congratulate me.
I felt overwhelmed.
The groom is here to see the bride. I heard some ladies mutter.

My heart skipped. I will start a new life as a married woman.
Your husband is here to see you. Asiya whispered in my ear. She takes my hand and takes me out of the room.
She took me to the backyard where AbdulHamid was waiting for me.

I will see you later. Asiya said to me with a wink.
Thank you, Asiya. I muttered hugging her.
You are welcome. Asiya muttered patting my back.
Now, go and meet your husband. He is waiting for you. Asiya whisper in my ear and I nod my head. I exempt myself from the hug.

I nervously walk to AbdulHamid. His back was facing me.
Why I'm nervous? I ask myself.
Maybe because you are now married to the man standing Infront you. I muttered inwardly.

I clear my voice hiding my face behind the veil.
I heard his footsteps as he turned to face me.
I felt his arms wrapped around my body. I inhale his sweet cologne.
Congratulations to us. We are now married. My husband muttered.

I hoist my head up and look at him.
You are so beautiful. My husband said to me with a smile.
Thank you, you look gorgeous too. I love your outfit. It looks good on you. I muttered inhaling his cologne not getting enough of it.

What time are we leaving? I found myself asking him. I bit my lower lip realizing what I just said.
Shit. I cursed under my breath.
We will leave now but I will have to greet your family first. My husband whispered in my ear.
I can't wait to take you home. My husband whispered in my ear and pecked me on my cheek.
This action makes me have goosebumps.

Enough of the romance. I heard Umul Khair mutter clapping her hand.
I exempt myself from the hug and turn around to see her smiling at us.
Umul Khair walked to me and took me to the apartment.

I was taken to my Mom. She blessed me then my grandma, my stepmom and my Dad.
My husband finishes greeting the elders.
It was time for me to follow him to my new house.
I'm glad my mom is also going with us.
My husband promises to buy Mama a house immediately after we reach Abuja.

She won't be working in my father-in-law's house anymore.
I was taken to my husband's car. A man opened the car for me and I went Inside. My husband was already inside the car.
I sit beside him and he smiles at me. I return the smile.

My mom, Asiya and my stepsister enter the next car and My husband's friends enter their cars.
I felt my husband's hand on mine.
He turned my face to him and lifted my veil.
He leans forward to kiss me. His breath fan my face.

We are not the only ones in the car. The driver might be watching us. I muttered stopping my husband from devouring my lip.
I don't care. You are my wife. We are not doing wrong thing. My husband whispered.

Before I could register his words, I felt his lip on mine.
I blink at him as he pat my lip to gain entrance to my full mouth. I give up and kiss him back. His tongue rolls over mine.
The driver clears his throat and we break the kiss catching our breath.