#FOURTEEN

Kaduna, Zaria

AbdulHamid finishes dressing and he strides out of his bedroom.
AbdulHamid was able to get a house not far from their former house.
a two bedroom flat with toilet in each bedroom then a mini parlour and small kitchen at the corner of the living room.

He used the money Alhaji Aliyu gave them to buy the house.
There is no couch in the living room just a carpet.
AbdulHamid promised Adnan to visit him for his father's death.

AbdulHamid strides to the parlour and sits on the carpet waiting for his breakfast.
Hajiya Halimah walks in with a cup of tea and a plate of fried yam and egg.
He hand it over to AbdulHamid and he thanked her.

AbdulHamid quickly finished his breakfast and took his backpack then put on his shoe.
AbdulHamid wore an ash Caftan with a matching Zanan bukar cap.
Mama, I'm ready. AbdulHamid said to his mom.

Okay Son. wish you safe journey. My regards to Adnan and his mom.
Please do take care of yourself. I will miss you, Son. Hajiya Halimah said with a smile.
Mama, I'm only going to spend three days and I will be back. AbdulHamid muttered to his mom.

I pray you get a better job there one day. Hajiya Halimah prayed.
Ameen Mama. AbdulHamid muttered. he hugged his mom then pecked her on her forehead and waved at her before walking out of the parlour.

AbdulHamid started walking on the pavement greeting everyone he saw on his way.
Abdul, are you travelling? Asiya asks AbdulHamid running up to him.
Yes, Asiya. I'm traveling to Abuja but I will be back in three days. AbdulHamid said with a smile.

He and Asiya have become friends now.
Abdul, what happen? Are you going for a job interview or do you have relatives there to visit? Asiya ask AbdulHamid.
No, I'm going there for a condolence visit. AbdulHamid muttered and Asiya remembered the death of Barrister Aliyu.

Alright, my regards to his family. I will miss you. Asiya pouts.
I will miss you too but Your Doctor is there to keep you company. AbdulHamid teased.
He stops a cab man and tells the cab man to take him to the park.

wish you safe journey besty. Asiya said waving at Abdul as he enter the cab.
I will call you once I arrive. Abdul muttered and waved back at her.

The cab man reaches the park and AbdulHamid strides out of the car and pays the man.
He walked to the car he saw a man standing shouting Abuja.
Are you going to Abuja? the Old man asks AbdulHamid.
Yes, baba. AbdulHamid answered.

Okay, you are the only person we need then we will take off the man said to AbdulHamid.
He paid the bill and enter the car.
The driver enter inside and zooms out of the park.
AbdulHamid makes the Dua for travelling silently when they embark on the journey.
He calls his mom to let her he has taken off.

Asiya, where have you been? Hajiya Asabe ask Asiya.
Hajiya I went to see AbdulHamid off. he is travelling. Asiya muttered.
Mama, she is lying. Salma muttered.
Hajiya wallahi I didn't go anywhere except AbdulHamid's place. Asiya muttered defensively.

Asiya, are you trying to call my daughter a liar? Hajiya Asabe fired.
No Hajiya I'm not calling her a liar but she is a liar. Salma saw me with Abdul. Asiya muttered.
How dare you call my daughter a liar? Hajiya Asabe said and raised her hand to slap Asiya but she was fast to dodge it.

She runs out of the room.
Asiya don't come back to this house. Your food for today is cancelled you will not eat in this house today. Hajiya Asabe muttered.
Asiya ignores her ranting and she saunter out of the house.