They Just Might Kill Each Other

*Song playing in the background

She walked in dancing, trying to make me laugh. I wasn't budging. I was not in the mood. She had, in her hands, a glass of water and my meds. I hate when she makes me take that shit.

Rhonda: Take your pills.

I snatched them away from her along with the glass of water and did as she said.

Me: You know he's always loved them more than me. Even Jamal who he hates. You know he's gone leave it all to Hakeem.

Rhonda: And Jamal won't objected because he doesn't know how to stand up to that man................. But what if he did?

Me: What are you talking about?

Rhonda: What if Lucious did decide to leave it all to Hakeem and Jamal didn't like that. He, Jamal, made a play to get the company and your brothers practically went to war? They just may kill each other.

Me: And I'll be the last man standing.

*She took her shirt off and got on top of me

Rhonda: And you'll be the last man standing.

Me: That's gonna be hard baby. You know the two of them are real tight.

Rhonda: Do you really want this company or are you gonna let one of your brothers take credit for what you did to build Empire into what it is.

Rhonda made sense. I needed to get Hakeem and Jamal against each other to make it work. I needed to make them look like fools to my dad, so he would realize I should be running this company. And there was only one person who could help with doing that. Cookie.

*At Cookie's Apartment

*Knock knock

Cookie: Who is?

Me: It's Andre.

Cookie: Okay. Hold on.

*She opened the door after a minute or two

Me: Hey mama.

Cookie: Hey Andre.

*I walked into her empty apartment

Cookie: I'm proud of you. You really made something of yourself.

Me: Thanks ma. And I'm sorry I didn't visit you.

Cookie: Nah it's okay. You weren't too proud of you dope dealing ma.

Me: I'm sorry ma. I truly am.

Cookie: No Dre. I'm sorry.

*I saw the tears welling in her eyes and even though I was here on a mission I did miss my mother and I did love her. I needed to hug her. After a while I decided to help her decorate her empty apartment. We went shopping and we set everything up. After, we sat down and had a drink while talking.

Cookie: Why you marry that white girl?

Me: We met in school ma. And she's brilliant.

Cookie: Yeah. Pretty white girls always are. Even when they ain't.

Me: Have you ever thought about managing Jamal?

Cookie: Yes. I told Lucious I wanted to be head of A&R but he shut me down.

Me: He doesn't want Jamal to be a star because that could put him in a position that could make him the new head of the company.

Cookie: Is that what that white girl told you?

*I knew this wouldn't be easy because my mother isn't stupid. But I know what pushes her buttons.

Me: I want Empire but I'm not a star and dad's not going to give it to me because of that.

Cookie: So what you want from me Dre?

Me: I want you to manage Jamal. I want you to make Mal a star like you made dad a star.

Cookie: You know your father would never let me do that. Plus, I have no leverage to even make Lucious give me Jamal.

Me: You have more than you think.

Cookie: What's that?

Me: Do you really love me ma? Okay here's what we gotta do.

*Switch to Cookie POV

..........................................................................................................................................................................

*I waited until he started talking so I could walk in and interrupt his ass

Lucious: It is amazing that we've reached this historic occasion. We're doing something that no other music company has ever done and we gone do it the way one would ever think to do it.

*I walked in

Me: Don't forget to thank me baby. Don't forget to thank your Cookie on this historic occasion.

*Vernon was the first fucker to get up. He was always the one who kissed Lucious ass and I hated that shit. Not much as changed since I went away, with the two of them anyways.

Vernon: Good to you see you Cookie but you....

*I cut him off

Me: Vernon kiss my black ass.

*I walked pass him and stood right next Lucious, just because I knew it would piss him off. There was black woman sitting at the table and she was looking at me like I made her stomach hurt.

Me: Now. Lets talk business. Hey sister girl.

*She frowned and looked away

Lucious: Would you all excuse us for a minute.

Me: Yes. Excuse us please.

*Lucious got up and grabbed me

Lucious: Cookie. Can I talk to you please.

Me: Lucious. Don't grab me like that. We'll be back everyone. Have some cupcakes on us.

*In his private office

Lucious: Are you outta yo fucking mind? I told you I would hook you up.

Me: And I'm telling you that shit ain't enough. I want Jamal too.

Lucious: You can't have him.

Me: You fucking with the wrong bitch Lucious. I know things.

Lucious: What is it that you think you know?

Me: Let's say I went down to the SCC and told them that I was the number one investor of this company with 400,000 dollars in drug money. You and I both know your IPO would be effectively denied.

Vernon: Shut the hell up. Do you know how stupid you sound?

Me: Tell me to shut up again bitch and watch I slap the hell outta you. You know it's true.

Lucious: Baby, why are you doing this?

Me: Don't baby me you two faced bastard. I just wanna manage Jamal.

Lucious: You'd sink this whole place over night.

Me: I lived like a dog for seventeen years. You think I won't happy to profit from turning yo black ass in.... Just give me Jamal.

Lucious: Fine. You can have him.

*I was satisfied at that point so I got up to leave.

Me: It as nice doing business with you. Good to see you again Vernon.

Vernon: You too Cookie.