Cookie's Home

Today is the day. The day that I get to go home. I'm outta here and I don't plan on ever coming back. So much has changed. 17 years will do that to a person.

I couldn't do anything but think about my boys. I'm so excited to see them. How grown they are and what they've done for themselves. Andre married him a white girl and I know that bitch is just trying to get in his mind and his pockets. Hakeem hasn't said a word to me. Never wrote a letter, answered a call or came for a visit. And Jamal. Oh my baby Jamal. I always knew it but he's gay and dating him a nice boy. That's what he said in his last letter.

Sitting in this taxi cab, on the way to Jamal's house has got me feeling anxious. Pulling up in front I called him.

Jamal: Hello.

Cookie: Open the door.

Jamal: Wait...... now??

Cookie: Yes now I'm downstairs.

He looked out the window and I waved to him to verify I wasn't joking. I couldn't have gotten up those steps any faster. I was about to see one of my babies.

I was about to hug him, smell him, see him smile in my face and not through some damn glass window. When the door flew open I saw Jamal's beautiful smile and it just made me happy.

He stood there and I ran to him for a hug. A hug that I had been longing for since I got locked up. His embrace was amazing and I loved every bit of it.

Cookie: Do I smell chicken?

Jamal: Yeah but it's not fried.... Hey ma this is Michael

Cookie: Oh baby you didn't tell me you were dating a lil Mexican. Yeah I said it. Lil Mexican.

Michael: Cookie it's so nice to meet you.

Cookie: For queen you sure do keep a junky house. You need to have lil la cocoaracha clean this up.

Jamal: Ma. When did you get out?

Cookie: This morning.

Jamal: Why didn't you call? I could've come to get you.

Cookie: Because I just got out. And good boy. Wanting to help yo ma.

Jamal: No offense ma but what you here for and what do you have on?

Cookie: This is what I got locked up in and im here to take back what's mine.

Jamal: What's that?

Cookie: You, your brothers. Oh and empire.

Jamal: Wait what? You're taking empire away from dad.

Cookie: That's the plan baby and you just watch it happen. Just watch. Yes baby. Cookie's home.