Chapter 13 - Eren

I know at least one of you is reading that title thinking 'author, are you stupid? You just wrote chapter 13.' And yes, I did, but this is chapter 13 in Eren's point of view. Congrats to those who already figured that out.

-

I drag myself out of bed sluggishly, stretching my arms above my head. I yawn and pull on my uniform, then head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

My tired self reflects back at me in the mirror, hair tussled from sleep and dark circles under my eyes, the result of Hange's information session last night that didn't let me go to bed until three am.

I finish brushing my teeth and drop my toothbrush into the cup by the sink. Running a hand over my face I groan to myself and head downstairs.

I glance around the first floor, Y/n doesn't seem to be around, but her bedroom door was open so she must be awake. I see Captain Levi sitting in the room opposite the kitchen, holding a teacup by it's rim.

I knock on the door frame to get his attention. "Excuse me sir, do you know where Y/n is?" I ask. He turns his head to look at me and his stare makes me want to crawl back to my room and stay there.

"Probably training somewhere." he answers, leaning back in his chair. I nod in thanks and walk over to the kitchen, glancing out the window to see if she's outside.

I don't see her or at least she doesn't seem to out front. She usually trains for a long time so she's probably thirsty. I grab a cup off a shelf and fill it with water. I walk around the castle, trying to find a room that seems fit to punch things in.

It takes about five minutes before I hear the faint echoing of what sounds like something being hit. Y/n's typical training, just that it's not me getting beat up. I follow the noise and sure enough, I spot her her the moment I round the hallway corner.

She's attacking a punching bag hanging from the ceiling, sweat beading her skin. She doesn't seem to notice me as I lean with my shoulder against the doorway.

I can't help but stare as she treats the bag like it's an enemy, punching and kicking with skill and a certain amount of grace. The muscles in her arms and back stand out as she moves without faltering.

Its then that I notice a thick wrapping around her ribcage, the kind generally only used for serious injuries. I furrow my eyebrows slightly as I try to discern when that could have happened.

Then I realize I'm only able to see those wrappings because she's not wearing a shirt, and I start to feel embarrassed that I'm looking.

I whelve the feeling and knock on the doorframe to let her know I'm here. She drives a kick at the center of the bag and then moves to stop it from swinging with her fists.

She looks over at me and nods, "Hey."
"Hey," I reply with a small smile as I walk towards her. She raises an eyebrow at me. "Need something?"
I shake my head, "I brought you some water." I tell her as I raise up the glass I filled in the kitchen.
"Oh, thanks." she says as she undoes the wrappings around her hands and throws them into a bin.

"How long have you been in here?" I ask as I glance around the room. She takes the cup from me and drains it almost immediately, then hands it back to me as she wipes her mouth. "About an hour," she replies.

"You're really strong, it's impressive." I tell her, though I'm sure she doesn't need me to. A small smile turns up the corners of her lips.
"Thank you." she replies, straightening up a bit.