Chapter 9. The Dagger

Daughter was the only one who knew where the dagger was hidden. She could not be tempted by power therefore she had been entrusted to keep its whereabouts secret and safe. Daughter was adamant that she must go alone, but everyone was worried about her.

"What if she finds you?" Ahsoka argued. A sentiment shared throughout the group of motley Force users.

Daughter only sighed.

"She's right." Ben piped up. "What if Abeloth kills you with the dagger huh? You'll be dead and Abeloth will have the dagger to kill everybody else. And I don't fancy getting ganked by a god with a god killer."

The Father came forward. "You must take someone with you. You cannot do this alone."

"It is my duty alone to retrieve the dagger." Daughter argued. "I would not have any of you endanger yourselves needlessly."

Anakin shook his head. "Are you thick in the head? Somebody has to go with you, whether to take the dagger or distract Abeloth if she shows. This isn't up for debate."

Still Daughter shook her head. "It won't come to that. Abeloth cannot intercept me in my own home."

Luke stepped forward. "You don't know that. This is not the Abeloth you know." He pointed out. "She is from decades into the future. You don't know her at all or what she's capable of now. None of us do. You have to take someone with you."

Finally Daughter hesitated in her stance. She turned away and looked out to Mortis. The once bright world was covered in angry storm clouds. It was a dark and terrible place. Not as she knew it. Slowly Daughter nodded.

"I will take Tano." She decided.

Ahsoka raised an eyebrow and Anakin laid a protective hand over his padawan's shoulder. "What? Why Ahsoka?" He demanded to know.

"Abeloth has sought out Luke and his son. She also wants you." She looked to Anakin pointedly. "Your padawan has a quiet presence in the Force. At of all of you, Tano will be the one most likely to slip out from under Abeloth's nose should we be discovered."

"No way-" Anakin began but Ahsoka grabbed his arm.

"Master," She soothed, "I can do this."

"I have a bad feeling about this, Snips." Anakin muttered back. "If something happens to you..."

"Then you'll rescue me." Ahsoka said with an easy smile. "I can do this. But we're having a long talk when I get back."

"A talk?" Anakin asked in surprise.

Ahsoka smirked and glanced behind Anakin towards Luke and Ben. "You're nuts." She said before moving out of Anakin's hold. "We'll be back before you know it."

Obi-Wan crossed his arms. "Be careful, Ahsoka. Do only as Daughter says."

The daughter had morphed into her bird form and knelt to let Ahsoka up on her back. "As you wish, Master Kenobi."

Ben stepped forward. "Hurry back, we still haven't had that fight."

Ahsoka laughed as she settled between Daughter's golden wings. "All the more reason to come back. Now stop worrying."

With that Daughter turned towards the open doors. Once outside she leapt into the air and they were gone.

Luke tentatively came to Anakin's side. "Ahsoka seems to be a fine padawan. She'll be okay."

Anakin sighed. "Thanks. I really hope so."

Someone cleared their throat. Luke, Anakin and Ben turned to face Obi-Wan.