Chapter 1. Arrival

Luke Skywalker groaned in agony. He had not felt this hung over since Lando and Han threw him a three man bachelor party to make up for the much more... eventful party.
Half his face was buried in grass and dirt. Luke pushed himself onto his side. Light pierced through his lids, making Luke immediately regret this action, but he fought through it anyway and pulled himself into a sitting position. He attempted to reach out to the Force and purge whatever ailed him, but the Force had no effect on the grogginess. Luke did notice however, that his instinctual reach to the Force was more tangible than he had ever experienced. Even Dagobah was immediately put to shame as Luke reached further in. The Force felt almost physical.

A moan not too far from Luke forced him to finally brave the blinding light and open his eyes. He turned to his left, immediately his blurred vision picked up a figure wearing an obnoxious yellow jacket that contrasted sharply against soft green grass. Luke ignored his own pain and abrupt dizziness, crawling over to the prone red haired boy.

"Ben? Ben you okay?" Gently he shook his son.

"Kriffin' hell Dad!" Ben moaned, throwing an arm up to wave Luke away. "What'd we do last night? Drinking games?"

Luke sat back and chuckled in relief. But Ben brought up a good question. What had they done last night?

"I wouldn't be a good dad if I let you play drinking games with me."

Ben scoffed and tried to sit up. Luke laid a hand over his back to support him.

"I'd beat you anyhow. Coward." Ben boasted, still rubbing his eyes and refusing to take on the sunlight.

Luke shook his head and sighed. Content to know his son was no worse than he was, Luke stood to his feet and looked around. They were on a large, lush cliff side. There was a path going along the mountain that rose far above them. And beyond the cliff was of course the rest of the world. It was a beautiful sight, but it was not the beauty that caught Luke's attention. Rather it was the unreal way that there were no sounds of nature. No wind. And rocks were literally hanging mid air across the view. Luke furrowed his brow and turned to Ben who was finally blinking his eyes open.

"Do you remember anything?"

Ben shook his head. "Well, maybe a big white light." He amended. "Last thing I remember was going to bed."

Luke sighed and crossed his arms. "Come on, if we can't find civilization we'll have to make a place to sleep."

Ben had got to his feet and his nose was starting to wrinkle up. "Good Force... don't you feel that?"

"The Force?" Luke asked.

Ben nodded. "It's so... thick." He waved an arm wildly at the air around him.

Luke nodded. "Much stronger than I've ever felt from any planet."

"Are those rocks-"

Luke nodded again. "This isn't a normal place, Ben. I don't know what's going on so hold onto those questions. Stay close won't you?"

Ben sighed, wide blue eyes still staring out at the oddities across the world. "Yea. I think I will."

Luke shook his head and gestured for Ben to follow. If they could find any sort of life on this planet, they might be able to get help.

~~~

They had been walking for ages. That's what Ben kept complaining about. And he was hungry. Luke let him rant it out. Ben was like his mother. From her Luke had learned early on to let both his wife and his son scream it all out before he offered comfort or solutions. It was his best tactic as a husband and father.