Chapter 2. Confusion & Fear

The inside of the ship was spacious and accommodated the four Jedi nicely. Ahsoka brought out some ration bars and offered one to Ben who gave a soft thanks.

"Sorry about the lightsaber pull." Ahsoka said. "Today's been strange."

Ben grinned. "You guys keep saying that. What's so strange? Besides the obvious."

Obi-Wan folded his arms before letting a hand rise to his chin. "We received an old Jedi distress code and came to investigate. We were searching for a ship, but we found something akin to a fortress... it pulled us in like a tractor beam. After that all I remember is a blinding white light. Then we woke up here."

Luke frowned. "Last thing Ben remembers is going to bed. I recall similarly. We followed a trail hoping to find someone for help."

Ahsoka shook her head and offered some water to Luke. "Our comms are down but everything else seems okay... Did you see a glowing woman?"

Luke raised an eyebrow. "A glowing woman?" He asked incredulously.

Ahsoka shrugged. "We were met by a woman a few moments after we landed." She explained. "You didn't see anyone at all?"

Luke shook his head. "What did she want?"

Obi-Wan sighed. "She wanted to take us to her father. But an earthquake separated us from her and another Jedi in our group."

"Another Jedi?" Ben asked around a bite in his food. "So we can't leave just yet."

Obi-Wan shook his head. "No, this place gives me a very bad feeling. Perhaps with your help we will be able to find our friend and get out of here as soon as possible."

"Sounds like a good deal." Luke agreed readily. "Where do we start?"

~~~

The group made sure they had enough supplies before heading out. While packing they had debated whether two Jedi should watch the ship, but Obi-Wan felt it was unwise to split up. He was constantly plagued with a terribly bad feeling and Luke empathized sincerely. Something about this place just was not right. So the four Jedi began their trek.

"Tell me more about yourself, Luke." Obi-Wan said conversationally. "The war keeps me from the Jedi temple, it's hard to keep up with every Jedi friend."

Luke shrugged slightly and racked his brain for an answer. Luke had no idea why or how he was walking beside a very young Kenobi, but he felt it unwise to divulge too many truths. It was a very delicate matter Luke supposed. He had studied the old Jedi order as extensively as he was able with the limited information left behind by the Empire. "I'm a negotiator, a political aide really." He said slowly. "My... padawan and I do not fight on the lines like you, Master."

"Really?" Ahsoka chimed in. "Are you any good with that thing?" She gestured at the lightsaber on Luke's hip.

Luke glanced back at her and smiled humorously. "I like to think so."

"He's being insufferably modest." Ben told Ahsoka outright. "Maybe once we get your friend and get out of here we can have a whole sparring match."

Ahsoka smirked in good sport. "You're on, Red."

Ben rolled his eyes and laughed.

Luke turned his attention back to Obi-Wan. "I'm Jedi Knight Luke Starkiller. My padawan's full name is Ben Jade." He thought quickly, knowing he had not given an official introduction besides his first name. Making one up was far too easy... especially for Ben.

Obi-Wan looked like he bought the lie. "You seem a little old to not be a master." He pointed out.

"Maybe." Luke shrugged. "Not enough time to go to the temple and get promoted."