31.

boooring stuff ahead:) . missed you guys . not proofread!

"—did you talk to her about that.."

pulling at his bottom lip with his teeth felix carefully shuffled past the people and across the grass, his gaze trained on the river that was only a few feet ahead. he was glad it wasn't crowded.

"did you plan on waiting for me or no?" huffing quietly chenle brushed his hands together as he came to a stop right beside felix.

"sorry." tearing his gaze away from the water felix offered his friend an apologetic smile.

"you're lucky you're cute." chenle muttered dryly before he pointed to an empty bench "let's sit."

uttering a word of agreement felix let his friend grab ahold of his arm, chenle tugging him toward the bench. small grumbles leaving the latter about the grass getting his shoe's dirty.

swallowing felix inhaled with a grimace, his nose was red. softly kissed by the chilly air that would disappear soon to allow for the spring weather to move in. but it was a good distraction from his heavy heart.

"ugh, i can't wait for the warm weather." plopping himself down chenle huffed out a short relieved breath as felix followed in suit. the wood creaking under their weight although neither boy seemed to be alarmed by it.

"same." pulling his hands out of his pockets felix smiled halfheartedly, his lips trembling a little.

"...."

sitting in silence the two boys watched the calm water with slight interest because for the first time in a long time chenle wasn't sure what to say. and felix didn't know where to start.

blinking his eyes rapidly, a futile tactic to keep himself from crying felixs lips parted slowly "i'm scared of rejection le. of what comes after the rejection. of the whole—everything."

"do you think—you'd be happy being just friends?" chenle asked quietly. the question making felix's lips quirk "no. i don't—think so."

was being just friends ever actually an option? especially now? when his mind was full of selfish thoughts.

"are you scared of rejection—or of loosing them?" chenle's words although soft hit felix like a ton of bricks. rejection was just a small nick—a light punch to his gut. but complete loss? could he handle that?

"..."

"you know," rubbing his hands together to warm his stiff fingers chenle swung his feet back and forth "i'm proud of you. and i'm not just saying it to make you feel better either lix. i'm proud of how far you've come."

it was nice—watching his best friend blossom. he had opened up more the past months than he had in years. and despite the mistakes that had been made, chenle believed that the others actions were honest.

they had proved that to him. when hyunjin had stupidly said the words he didn't mean—when they came scrambling to him for help.

"chenle can we please just-"

"i don't have anything to say to you asshole's." glaring at the boys who were puddled at his door chenle scoffed, his tone stale "go away."

"we just need two seconds-"

"what gives you the right to think i owe any of you shit? especially you." letting his sharp gaze flicker to hyunjin the boy rolled his eyes "for a bunch of smart people you're all fucking stupid."

".."

"look—i know we fucked up. we just thought—we didn't want him to feel uncomfortable around us because we were fucking around. we didn't want to scare him away from us."