29.

not proofread—we'll call this a short filler chap

10:32 pm

"mm.." tilting his head back felix downed the shot of rum in one go, his eye twitching a bit as the liquor slid down his throat. sighing heavily felix set the empty glass down before reaching for another.

"as hot as you look right now downing this shit like juice i think you should slow down angel." chuckling some haechan stopped felixs hand. the freckle faced boy lifting a brow, his tongue running over his bottom lip to collect whatever remnants of alcohol were left.

"i have two more to finish. it'd be wasting if i didn't." felix mumbled before attempting to reach past haechans hand although his friend was quicker than he was.

"ah no—let's drink some water instead hm?" beckoning the bartender over haechan politely asked for a glass of water. felix staring at him with a bored look as he handed what was left of his shots to the bartender as well.

"i don't want water hyuck," drawing out haechans name in a low tone felix couldn't help the sound that left him "i want to finish my drinks. you invited me here to have fun and that's what i was doing."

"you getting shitface drunk wasn't on my list of fun angel. i don't need one of your boyfriends wringing my fucking neck." muttering the last part more to himself haechan smiled slightly, his finger poking felixs nose.

"m'not drunk." swatting haechans hand away felix crossed his legs. he wasn't drunk—maybe buzzed but not drunk. yet anyways.

"you would be if i didn't step in." haechan pointed out.

cocking his head to the side felix nodded slowly, his hand grabbing ahold of the thin fabric of cloth haechans called a sweater "oh yeah? my knight in shining armor hm?"

clearing his throat haechan avoided felixs half lidded gaze, his own lips drawing into a forced smile "you really are something."

"look," puffing his flushed cheeks out felix sighed heavily "let me finish one more and then i'm done." crossing his heart with a pout felix watched the boy closely. a smug feeling bubbling as haechan faltered.

shaking his head with a firm look despite the obvious crack in his resolve haechan huffed "no. nope. no more."

"you're no fun." dropping haechans sweater with a displeased grunt felix turned back toward the bar, his eyes widening slightly as he and the sorta amused bartender made eye contact.

"here's your water." placing the glass down (like he had been waiting on them to finish their conversation) the man gave the countertop a light pat "drink it slow."

"thanks.." taking it even though he really didn't want to felix nodded. haechan smacking his forehead before pulling his phone out.

paying the boy no mind (he was no longer a point of interest) felix lifted the glass to his mouth before he took a tentative sip. hm..

sipping the water felix made a face at the taste, the heavy lemon flavor making him gag slightly. gross..

"..shit.." cursing haechan cleared his throat before answering his phone, felix looking at him out the corner of his eye.

"—can you—what the hell? i literally let you know what was going on asshole. yes he's fine—no. talk to me kindly or-" stopping himself haechan counter to three before extending his phone towards felix with a sour look.

"phone angel."

"hm.." pulling the glass away and placing it down carefully felix swallowed down the water as he grabbed the device.