Chapter One

AUTHORS NOTE: This is my first ever book on wattpad. And just to let you know, the story line at the start is a bit cringy but it gets alot better I promise!

* * *

"Hey, get up! It's your birthday, you're not supposed to miss almost half of the day!" Cap -- your Dad -- said as he knocked on your bedroom door. He struggled to open it because last week Thor got so drunk that he wasn't looking where he was going and ran into your door and messed up all the surrounding screws and the door frame. All your stuff was stuck inside for days until everyone gave up and Tony decided to blast the door off. You had to sleep in the guest room, which was directly under Thor's room, and all you heard was endless drunk singing.

By the third day you'd noticed how much you missed your bedroom, the teal paint walls covered in posters of TV shows you love to watch. A massive wardrobe was sat against the wall, filled with jeans and t-shirts and a jumper or two. You don't like all the fancy skirts and dresses or, you'd much rather wear oversized clothes which were just way too comfortable. You also don't wear much jewellery, the only piece you wear is the necklace your best friend got you for your 10th birthday.

"What time is it?" You call to Steve as you get out of bed and kick the door open hard, you figured out that it is the only way to open it after you were stuck inside the other day. You go and sit back down.

"Nearly eleven. You have some guests you know, they've been here for over an hour. Thor's been entertaining them though. This shouldn't be a surprise but he is drunk already." Steve rolled his eyes.

He walked over to your double bed and moved your blanket out of the way to sit next to you.

"I cant believe you're twelve, but anyway, its time to see your colour." He carried on.

"What do I have to do to see my colour?"

"All you need to do is close your eyes and it should come." Cap explained "It will be a bit weird at first because it will all go a flashing white but it wont last long. Your colour should come a few seconds after it".

"Okay" You close your eyes and wince as the white burns your eyes "Wow you weren't kidding..."

"It will be gone soon, give it a second" Steve tucked a strand of your dark blue tipped hair behind your ear.

The white starts to fade and you question "What were the colours again?".

"Brown, yellow and blue if I remember--" He began before you cut him off.

"That... That's not right..." You realise, opening you eyes to look at him. "Are you sure its brown, yellow and blue?"

"Yeah, why? What did you get?" Your dad frowned worriedly.

Your face wears a confused expression as you say,

"Green"

And by the expression on his face, you could tell it's not good.

"You remember Thor's brother? Loki?" Steve fidgeted with his clothes.

"...Yeah"

* * *

Around three years ago when you and your dad first moved into the Avengers' Tower, Cap went to look around and you snuck away to have a look around yourself. You found a 6,4 man with black hair on the... second floor was it? His eyes locked with yours and he made his way over with a smile.