Right In Front Of Me

If you asked Vio if he was sulking, he would say no or call you an idiot. So Shadow didn't ask, he could just tell by the blonde's mood. The slight pout to his lips, the way he tried to read but after wasn't because after 5 minutes he hadn't flipped a single page. The irritated mumbling under his breath. Shadow knew all the little signs that showed his best friend was upset.

Now the reason why his friend was so upset was lost to him. He tried to run over ideas of what could have put Vio in such a mood. He was tempted to see if Red had any ideas but remembered he left with Green and Blue to go on a small vacation. They had been gone a week so far so they wouldn't know anything. So he decided to try an coax it put of the blonde.

Vio was curled up on the couch, pretending to read and didn't pay any attention to Shadow. The purplette moved around the kitchen making Vio's very specific coffee. He was the only one with the patience to make it for the blonde. 2 teaspoons of sugar, a pinch over half a cup of coffee, then 1/4 of 2% milk. The coffee itself depended on the day but since Vio was in a bad mood Shadow used a hazelnut mint, a rare belnd they only used when the blonde needed to calm his nerves.

When the coffee was made the purplette brought it over to the couch. He put the cup in front the blond before sitting next to him. Blue eyes brightened a bit as they glanced towards the coffee. The book was placed on the table, far enough so he wouldn't risk getting a drop on it, and focused on the cup. He took a long sip followed by a satisfied sigh.

"Thanks....." his voice was soft and there was tinge of sorrow.

"What are friends for" Shadow hesitated and let his friend enjoy some quite with his coffee before he decided to ask "you don't have to tell me but what's up with you? You seem upset."

Vio's eyes widen in shock, in his eyes he was putting up the perfect facade. He was being his usual self, the other's hadn't notice he was feeling off so he figured he was doing a good job "what do you mean?"

"Vi......" the purple haired teen just gave him a deadpanned face "I'm your best friend, you can fool the other's but not me."

The blonde hesitated before giving up with a sigh "ok ok.....remember my coworker?"

Shadow already knew who Vio was talking about, his friend worked in a library and it only had the workers total. A girl who could careless about the job, Vio and a guy who took more interest in Vio then his job. Shadow hated that guy or more honestly he was jealous of him. He was able to freely flirt with Vio with out worry about loosing the only friend he really had. The purple haired teen would have loved to romantically persue his friend but he couldn't risk loosing the only person he trusted.

"Yea i remember, did he say something?"

"Well he asked me out.....we had a date set for tonight" Vio kept his eyes glued to the floor. It felt weird talking about something like this, the blonde wasn't really one to succumb to such emotions so he never needed to vent like this before "he canceled our date for a another girl he had his eyes on....."

"What a scumbag....." Shadow muttered under his breath but he knew Vio heard it.

"It's probably my fault, im not the easiest person to date or get along with" Vio sighed as he took another sip, Shadow really nailed it with his coffe and it made him happy his friend remebered.

"Bullshit Vi" red eyes glared at the blonde as his friend snapped "people like that just don't care to put in effort."

Vio didn't want to argue and he knew there was no point, Shadow was just as stubborn as he was. He put down his coffee and picked up his book again "its no big deal, i am however dreading the other's hearing about this....."