she's thunderstorms

january 18, 2011 - london, england

rosie's pov:

i was lying on the floor of my apartment writing some random lyrics that i'd come up with. i always wondered how it came so easily to alex, but to me it seemed incredibly complicated. alex somehow managed to make all his songs into some metaphors that sounded beautiful. i could never conceal what i was trying to say like him. in a way i was a bit jealous of his talent, but i was usually too in awe to let the jealousy get ahead of me. he would also sometimes help me write lyrics, so it wasn't a problem.

alex had come over to just spend the day with me. i had a simple little townhouse in south london, not too far from where i grew up. the place had blue walls on the outside, two floors and a little backyard. it wasn't anything too fancy, i didn't really like really big mansions, they would always make me feel like i didn't belong. alex came in the room and saw me writing.

"what're yer writing, love?" he'd come up with that nickname the first time we met, i never thought too much about it until my ex-boyfriend christian had gotten really pissed about it when we were still dating. "can i see?" he asked peeking over my shoulder.

"no! not yet! its just a bunch of random one-liners in random orders that make no sense!" i said defensively as i slammed the notebook shut. they were just random lines about me being either heartbroken or in love with someone or something. i wasn't even really sure what i was writing about if i'm being honest.

"i can help you putting them in order then?" alex suggested, but in reality i think he just wanted to see what i'd come up with. "i swear i wont judge, i showed you my songs even when they were just some guitar riffs!" he complained.

"alright! fine i'll show you if you stop making such a fuss about it." i said. i was still very self conscious about what i'd written. i'd always been, if jade hadn't pushed me to start playing guitar i wouldn't have even been here right now.

alex's pov:

rosie finally gave in and gave me the notebook to let me see what she'd written. i always knew she was a great writer but she never let it show, she was very humble in that sense. she opened the notebook to the page she'd been writing on, as my eyes started scanning the page.

who's gonna be there for you when life feels like one long bad dream?

who's gonna be there when your world comes crashing down?

cm-dmaj7-fmaj7 repeat for verse

the soft look in your eyes, i think im falling for you, over and over again..

c/g to em7???

lights go down and the room feels like the eye of a storm

(over some funky riff)

they were just a bunch of one liners, but i still found them amazing regardless. as i read the last one, the storm lyric inspired me in some way. she's thunderstorms. rosie's thunderstorms, in a good way.

"alex? what do you think?" she asked me with a slightly panicked face, seeing as i hadn't said anything for a while now.

"they're absolutely amazing, ro. er.. did you er.. meet someone? that sounds weird but err- you've got that second one. you know?" why did i become so fucking awkward all of a sudden? what's wrong with me? rosie still had that sort of flushed panicked look on her face.

"oh- no, not really. im not sure who it's about to be honest. might just be my imagination wanting to be in love i guess.." she trailed off at the end. i was going to ask her if she wanted me to try to help her to construct them into more proper songs, but got interrupted by her phone ringing. she picked up her phone to see who was calling and sighed.