CHAPTER 3

Irinixia awoke suddenly, a thick arm was draped over her thigh and someone's hot breath fell on her forehead.

A man was in her bed. Or rather, an elf.

His hold on her was tight but she still managed to escape him. She quickly took her things slyly and made her way downstairs.

The first rays of dawn illuminated the bustling human city, Irinixia emerged from the shadows. Her heart raced with memories of last night. His presence had stirred emotions she thought long lost in the depths of her forbidden nature, the side of her that reveled in human - or elven - desires had made her stronger than ever before. She felt indestructible and ready for everything that might come her way.

And as hard as it was to leave the male that called itself Kenai, she knew she had to get to the elven kingdom soon. And if elves were there, it meant that their infamous dragons were too.

A way to get to Zarrum.

She quickly found the immense creatures, they were hidden in a horse barn.

Irinixia's heart pounded in her chest as she approached the horse barn. The four dragons were indeed there, majestic and awe-inspiring, resting within the confines of the wooden structure. Her keen eyes scanned the area, searching for any signs of the elves she had seen with Kenai last night. The bone white dragon, in particular, caught her attention once again. Its purity and gentleness called to her, tugging at the depths of her soul.

In the distance, she heard the faint sounds of morning chores and laughter. Time was of the essence; she couldn't afford to be caught in the act of thievery. Silently, she made her way towards the white dragon, its vibrant yellow eyes meeting hers with a mix of curiosity and understanding.

Irinixia knew she couldn't just ride the dragon out of the city unnoticed. The risk was too great. If she were to reach the elven kingdom and uncover the mysteries it held, she needed a plan, and she needed it quickly.

She decided to risk it, the blonde elf was hopefully still fast asleep and she hoped his companions were waiting for him before going to get their dragons.

With her heart racing, Irinixia approached the white dragon cautiously. She whispered soothing words, trying to establish a connection with the majestic creature. But alas, the dragon's stoic expression remained intact.

But then, Irinixia's eyes widened as the dragon's lips slowly curled upwards, revealing an almost mischievous glint in its gaze. It was a dragon's version of a smile, a rare sight that sent a shiver down Irinixia's spine. It meant trouble

Irinixia's heart skipped a beat as she locked eyes with the dragon, astonishment coursing through her. The tension that had filled the air seemed to dissipate, replaced by an unexpected connection between her and the dragon. It was as if, in that moment, they shared a silent understanding, a secret bond.

However, their newfound connection was abruptly interrupted by a sudden commotion. The dragon's movement caused its water bucket to topple over, making the water splatter across the straw-covered floor. Irinixia's focus snapped back to the urgency of her mission, realising that the noise and mess would undoubtedly attract unwanted attention.

Irinixia didn't think, she did the first thing that came to mind, with a graceful leap, she pushed herself onto the dragon's back. The dragon was intrigued by her boldness, and let out another rumble.

Without hesitation, Irinixia urged the dragon into action. With powerful beats of its wings, the majestic creature launched itself from the ground, soaring through the open barn celling and into the warm morning air. Irinixia clung to the dragon's back, the wind and wooden splinters rushing past her as they went higher and higher.

She hoped that no one had seen her close enough to identify her as a thief but she didn't look back to check.

The city spread out below them, its rooftops and streets a blur of colours. Irinixia's heart raced, with exhilaration filling her as she realised what she had done. She was riding a dragon, a feat that few other than the elfs had ever dared to attempt.

At first, the dragon's flight was smooth and graceful, carrying them higher into the sky. Irinixia marvelled at the breathtaking view, the city shrinking beneath her. Her initial feelings of stress began to fade, replaced by of exhilaration.

But then, the dragon's mischievous nature took hold. With a sudden twist of its body, it executed a daring roll in mid-air, causing Irinixia to cling tighter to its back in hopes to not fall off. Laughter left her lips despite the adrenaline coursing through her veins. It was a wild, unexpected maneuver that left her dizzy.

The dragon executed loops and spirals, she was afraid to fall, but miraculously, that hadn't happened. As the hours passed and the sun began its descent, the dragon slowly started to calm down. It slowed down its flight, allowing the succubi a moment to catch her breath and take in the beauty of the changing landscape below. The golds and oranges left a mesmerising masterpiece of landscape. Zarrum was utterly stunning.

Irinixia's fingers traced patterns on the dragon's scales, a silent gesture of gratitude for the ride, but she knew that their journey was far from over. The elven kingdom of Zarrum awaited, with all its mysteries and challenges. The most important one being that females didn't reside in Zarrum and therefore she had to become a man.