Troubles

I made it home soon enough. Mom was sitting at her desk, working on a new invention.

"Mama?"

She looked up. "Oh, you're home."

"Yeah, sorry about that."

"It's fine. I'm sorry for yelling at you."

I nodded and shrugged. "It's whatever mama. I'm going to bed."

"You're going to shower that's what. Teenage boys like you need to shower every day."

"Dad and Uncle Martin don't."

"Well they're never home so can we even smell them?" She smirked. I laughed softly.

"Mom, can we talk after I shower?"

"Sure." She kissed my head. "I'll be in your room in a bit."

//

I honestly entirely forgot about my conversation with Mom until I stepped out of the shower thirty minutes later. I only had a towel on, as I'd forgotten my clothes in my room. I looked up to see Mom sitting on my bed.

"Christ mom you scared me!"

"We agreed to talk and I finished early, so I came a bit earlier. What is it that you wanted to talk about sweetie?"

"Uhm... let me change."

"Alright."

I turned around slightly to grab my clothing. I smiled a bit, quickly slipping on atleast some boxers. I think I caught a glimpse of mom peeking at my... lower half.

"Mom?"

"Oh sweetie I changed your diapers, I know what you look like." She smiled and winked at me. I wasn't sure I liked that feeling stirring in my abdomen as she did so. "You okay darling?"

"Yes momma." I slipped on my shirt and pants, sitting next to her.

"So what did you want to chat about, darling?" She stroked my hair.

"Well momma... I was gone because I followed dad."

She raised an eyebrow. "Why would you do that?"

"I was curious... he was on the phone talking with someone..."

"You shouldn't get in your father's private business."

"I know, but it's serious mama."

She nodded, letting me speak. Her silent gaze letting me know we were both on the same page.

"Dad's cheating on you mama."

"I know."

Something inside me shattered.

"You know?"

"I've known for years your dad is a big ladies man. Ever since you were an infant. Once paparazzi stopped caring that we'd had you out of wedlock and hastily had to marry, it was pretty clear his intentions were not to stay married."

"Yet you have?" I glared at her, a little upset all this arguing could've been avoided.

"Your father is very good in bed." She smirked.

I blushed. "mom what the fuck!"

She laughed. "Oh quit it baby. Im joking. Maybe." She shrugged. "But anyway, it's nothing new. Your father has always been like this."

"And you're okay with that?"

"Appearances, joey." She stood up. "Everything is about how you appear. See how your father acts in public." She kissed my head. "Go to sleep, mi amor."