Rebecca turned and saw the young teen's sadness and stopped, waiting to walk with her. As Clementine got next to the heavily pregnant woman she began walking and talking to the girl:

"Hey, Clem, sorry if I gave you some shit back there, I'm just a little on edge. I still don't like what you did, sneakin' around on us and taking advantage of my husband. But I know you were in a tough spot. I'll try to cut you some slack."

"It's okay" Clem replied sadly.

"You're worried about Y/N aren't you?" Rebecca asked sympathetically.

Clementine nodded and Rebecca quickly added.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He seems pretty resourceful."

"I know he'll be ok. He always is. It's just he always does this. Gets hurt because of me. Is in danger because of me. The only reason he got bit yesterday is because the dog went for me and he jumped in front of it..."

Clementine's voice trailed off as she sniffled and wiped her eyes. Rebecca felt bad for the girl. She knew she could be a raging bitch sometimes, but it hurt her feelings seeing Clementine so clearly worried. Rebecca wasn't sure when she had become so soft, must be the bloody hormones, but she thought of something to try and take Clem's mind off the previous night.

"So Luke said something that sounded crazy this morning. He said Y/N fought with a knife and some glass to save you? What's that about?"

Clementine chuckled at Rebecca's playful tone at the end of her sentence. She wiped her eyes and began gushing, not realising Sarah was listening in behind her:

"We were in Savannah, we'd gone there looking for a boat after we were attacked in Macon and lost the motel we were set up at. This man, this stranger... I had a walkie talkie I used to talk to my parents with, before everything, anyway this man convinced me he had my parents and-"

"Oh no" Rebecca replied, covering her mouth with her hand. Clem nodded:

"He kidnapped me. Wanted to pretend I was his daughter. Anyway Y/N and our friends tried to find me but got separated. Y/N he..."

Clem stopped for a moment, unable to hide her smile, of the butterflies she felt whenever she thought about everything Y/N did for her.

"If you have a look on Y/N's left hand there's a big scar-"

Clementine traced its location on her own palm for emphasis.

"-he was out of bullets and almost out of arrows. And the streets were full of hundreds of walkers. Thousands. Y/N he..."

Clementine smiled again, her cheeks flushing involuntarily:

"...he fought his way through the horde, with just his knife and a piece of glass. I couldn't believe it until after he'd rescued me, killed the man... the amount of dead walkers in the street.. the amount he killed."

Rebecca stared at Clementine dumbfounded before she could eventually ask:

"You bullshitting me?"

Clementine giggled and shook her head.

"Damn. When a guy does something like that for you... damn."

Clementine smiled at her own feelings. Rebecca was still filled with disbelief. Behind them both Sarah's cheeks had flushed, she was full of feelings she wasn't overly sure about, but she was sure she wanted Y/N to like her. To do those things for her. As she walked forward she began to daydream and smile.

—~—

Y/N made his way back to the walkers,  catching the attention of one and quietly leading it backwards. When it lunged for him he tripped it, stabbed it in the back of the head and flipped it over, carving its stomach open and rubbing it entrails over himself.