➷ 𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗸!! :: 𝖠́𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗄𝖺

Začať od začiatku

┈┈┈✧ 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 ✧┈┈┈

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ These two...oh these two...they got some depth to them. They both built layers of walls around themselves from awful and traumatic things happening to them at young ages. That, and with them both being so quiet and reserved, made them seem hopeless...they'd never be able to open up. It was more that, there wasn't someone (or a lot of people) who tried. And sometimes, it's someone who seems too different from you and turns out to be similar in a lot of ways. And, quite frankly, that's what they both needed.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ Also, can we just pause for a moment and say, that just because you are super smart, doesn't mean you can't have your dumb moments? When Yumeka found out, for the life of her, couldn't understand that Ángel was his middle name, as well as the name he preferred. Gabriel was his first name and something you really shouldn't call him. Since she doesn't have a middle name, she didn't know there was such a thing. But dude...she had such a hard time saying both of his names. Gabriel (geb-rye-al) and Ángel (ahn-yo)- And add her accent into the mix, even though she knows how ridiculous she sounded.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ Of course she knew Ángel was the name he preferred (which was the one she had an easier time on), but it still took her a bit to not confuse his name with Anioł (ahn-yo ;; angel in Polish). Even though she meant no harm, she may or may not have come off as if she was making fun of his name. This is why she doesn't speak. Honestly, she was mortified, because only she. Yumi happened to enjoy his name, it was different than the ones she'd heard, and it was indeed refreshing.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ I like to think that, with Yumi just having a hint of a stubborn bone in her, she'd call him An (ahn). I'll be honest, I was trying to squeeze in an "Anna & Elsa" joke...but we'll just leave it at that. Don't worry, she'd be able to say Ángel without messing up, sooner rather than later. She'd make sure of it. But the nickname? That's not leaving, unless Mr. Nickname hater told her to drop it, then she'd be respectful...'upset', but being respectful.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ I feel as though, however/wherever they met, it would most likely have to be a good old forced proximity prompt...or just small talk turns into something. I don't think either of these socially awkward kiddos would just walk up to each other and immediately be buddy-buddy. That being said, wanting to be friendly and just have good opinions about the other isn't ruled out. Slow-burn friendship. As mentioned, they have a lot of walls built up around them. They aren't going to just let everyone in that quickly and easily, no, trust takes time. Especially their trust.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ Although, I headcanon as they got to know each other and as walls were knocked down...there wouldn't be a single question in their minds about the friendship with the other. They remember the work going into getting to know each other but after that... Even though they know they are friends, it wasn't until someone asked, "Are you friends with Ángel/Yumeka?", and that's when their friendship had a 'label', if you let me.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ I do believe as their friendship would go on, they would just have a silent...thing, when it came to their past/touchy subjects. Like, grazed upon, but they would always just leave it at that.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈ I like the idea of them just growing to know each other's personalities and habits before getting to the touchy subjects. They both are the observer types, so I think they would pick up on signs the other has. I have no idea why, but I feel as though Ángel would be at least slightly amused by Yumi's "scrunching her nose in 'disgust'." Like, she doesn't even know she's doing it, until he quietly asks her about it. It's like her 'tell' in a way, and she'd deny she did, but eventually she'd spill. Mostly because she's impressed he picked up on it.